Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Class A Motorhomes: Chassis battery issue
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Chassis battery issue

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
atsrmf

Indio

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/20 09:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You may have a parasitic drain killing the battery. Disconnect the NEGATIVE cable, set your VOM to Amps, and check between the negative post and the cable you just disconnected. 50 milliamps is the normal maximum drain by standard, if there is more you have to isolate that device by process of elimination.
I had the same problem with my Class A with both batteries. I found the rear camera was draining the house battery and a courtesy light was draining the chassis battery. The latter was a mystery, since no light was on anywhere. I pulled fuses until I got a zero amp reading in both cases.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 05/26/20 04:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

atsrmf wrote:

You may have a parasitic drain killing the battery. Disconnect the NEGATIVE cable,

May have?
Most modern (Anything built this century or the last decade of the last one) will have computers and so on that draw current on or off.

not much current but the average chassis battery only has about 10-15 amp hours to spare. Let's see 73amp hours times 20% is 14.6 and then you dead.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  All

> Chassis battery issue
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.