cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorcraft Mercon transmission fluid

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have a 2002 E450 chassis and service manual shows for super duty transmission, I need just plain "Mercon" fluid. Can't seem to find this at several auto parts stores. Googled and found this:

aftermarketNews StaffByaftermarketNews StaffonJune 18, 2007
DEARBORN, MI – Ford Customer Service Division (FCSD) has announced MERCON V as the replacement for MERCON Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF).

AMN_House_5Minutes_300x250_2020
Effective July 1, the production and licensing for MERCON will cease. Automatic transmissions, power steering systems and manual transmissions previously requiring MERCON must, as of July 1, be serviced with MERCON V.

“All transmissions which recommended using MERCON ATF can now be serviced with MERCON V,” said Ron Romano, FCSD Service Lubricants Technical Expert. “MERCON V is a tighter specification which delivers better anti-oxidation, anti-wear and anti-shudder properties. It also provides increased protection against deposits, rust and corrosion. All of this helps ensure customers receive a better fluid,” said Romano.

Just checking to ensure I use the right product. I've also got a transfer case on this 4x4 and don't want to put the wrong fluid in. Any advise is appreciated!
2 REPLIES 2

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks!!

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer