cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NY is open

pitch
Explorer
Explorer
Governor Cuomo announced that RV parks, campgrounds, and full veterinary services are fully open as of 5/31
6 REPLIES 6

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Before this gets too far off the rails, I didn't mean for it to become a political post. While it appears that I share ideology with GDS and MDK, my post wasn't written to put off the other side.

There are sufficient facts shown to me that I do not feel the need to be forced at home. The overwhelming majority of deaths are to ages 65 and older. That doesn't apply to me. The overwhelming majority of deaths are to people with compromised immune systems. That doesn't apply to me. By my last count, 45% of ALL deaths in the US occurred in the NYC Metro area. That doesn't apply to me.

I have been a front line first responder, working throughout this pandemic. I have been at homes where people with Covid have died, I have been at homes where Covid was fraudulently (in my opinion, but OK by CDC standards) applied. I have dealt with Covid positive people. I am alive and well. The vast majority of people with Covid have no symptoms and don't know they had it. I do not believe that this is nearly as widespread a problem as people are making it out to be.

I believe it is more contagious than the flu, but I don't believe that it is more deadly than the flu. The only reason more people are dying is because you are more likely to catch Covid than flu.

For people that are in the age or immunity risk group and want to stay home, please stay home. Nobody is trying to force you to go camping, go to work, go to the gym, take mass transit, etc. You are free to stay at home as long as you would like to stay at home. I object to the people that are forcing ME to stay home. If I contract Covid and die due to my own negligence, isn't that my right and my fault? We don't force everyone to stay home because 40K people die every year in car crashes, do we? So why are we forcing people home now? It was appropriate to flatten the curve, which has been done. Now it is appropriate for the country to open, people to go back to work and take risks that they are comfortable taking.

Politics aside, I think that is something that every free American should believe in. I am seeing how the Nazi's took over Germany and got so many people to turn on their neighbors. So many people in the US were so quick to call the police and rat out their neighbors for having too many people over, or businesses for not enforcing mask policies, or anything else. It reminded me of Nazi Germany where people called and turned in their neighbors for providing care to Jews. Its sickening to see how quickly our own countrymen are willing to turn on each other and allow the government to overreach like this.

That said, I hope everyone is having a safe and healthy Memorial Day. Please take this day to spend with family and friends and remember those men and women who died for our freedom. Remember their family and friends who can't have a cookout with them today, because they are gone. Remember what made this country so special. God bless America!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

GDS-3950BH
Explorer
Explorer
A1ARealtorRick wrote:
According to yesterday's New York Post, Gov. Cuomo said NY coronavirus hospitalizations, death toll have increased.

Poor timing?

Perhaps...... but coming from the person who needed 40000 ventilators and at least 6000 additional hospital beds that went unused along with it being published in the NYP I would be slightly skeptical.

Probably should just keep everything closed down indefinitely. That will solve everything.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - B Franklin.

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
spoon059 wrote:

The issue has been the NYC Metro area and nursing homes. State parks are hardly the problem...

He said campgrounds which does not necessarily mean state parks. Better check the park site.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thank goodness. We've got a trip to Vermont coming up in August, want to stay at a NYS campground for a couple nights on the way there.

The issue has been the NYC Metro area and nursing homes. State parks are hardly the problem...
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
According to yesterday's New York Post, Gov. Cuomo said NY coronavirus hospitalizations, death toll have increased.

Poor timing?
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Great news for all!!
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)