cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble With RV.net Am I Alone?

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
This past week or two or three, on RV.net alone, I constantly get "Service Unavailable". I have to retry several times to get my posts, replies, and corrections loaded, as well as simply viewing the website. It has gotten so bad that I have been avoiding this forum lately. I was hoping it would clear up, but it has gotten worse, absolutely horrible for me this past few days.

Is this my problem alone, or is everyone experiencing the same?
21 REPLIES 21

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
I also abandoned the RV.net address in favour of
http://forums.goodsamclub.com/
All these portals have the same members, topics and posts so you will be right at home when you switch to a less buggy portal.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

gkainz
Explorer
Explorer
after many years and frequent performance issues, I finally abandoned RV.NET portal and switched to trailerlife.com (which I had used occasionally, years ago). Much more reliable performance.
'07 Ram 2500 CTD 4x4 Quad Cab
'10 Keystone Laredo 245 5er

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
ron.dittmer wrote:
pnichols wrote:
ron.dittmer wrote:
This past week or two or three, on RV.net alone, I constantly get "Service Unavailable". I have to retry several times to get my posts, replies, and corrections loaded, as well as simply viewing the website. It has gotten so bad that I have been avoiding this forum lately. I was hoping it would clear up, but it has gotten worse, absolutely horrible for me this past few days.

Ron ... try coming in all the time through this port and you might not have the problem:
https://www.coastresorts.com/boards/
OP Here,

I will try the portal that pnichols and others have been suggesting. I just reset my bookmark to it. Hopefully the inconvenience is history for me.
So Far, So Good. Thanks pnichols!

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:
ron.dittmer wrote:

Ron ... try coming in all the time through this port and you might not have the problem:
OP Here,

I will try the portal that pnichols and others have been suggesting. I just reset my bookmark to it. Hopefully the inconvenience is history for me.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
ron.dittmer wrote:

2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Refresh....refresh.....refresh....

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
ford truck guy wrote:
IAMICHABOD wrote:
I have Been using the Good Sam Club portal a long time with no problems, ever.Sometimes My Forums is a bit wonky other than that always comes up and no problems posting.I have never gotten "Service Unavailable"

https://forums.goodsamclub.com

X2 and no more issues

Me too.
There is something special about camping in an RV.

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
azdryheat wrote:
It's been acting up for me for a couple of months.

Me too. I deleted my bookmark, it helped for a while once I added a different bookmark. My guess is more folks reading since they are home more?

IAMICHABOD wrote:
I have Been using the Good Sam Club portal a long time with no problems, ever.Sometimes My Forums is a bit wonky other than that always comes up and no problems posting.I have never gotten "Service Unavailable"

https://forums.goodsamclub.com

X2 and no more issues
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
A good forum, with good folks participating.....most dealing with very poor service! These problems do prompt one to visit other RV forums that are much more user friendly! memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had the same problem for several weeks also, and as was suggested here, switched to the Trailer Life portal and now no more problems.
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Dusty R wrote:
I figured that because of the Stay Home, There are a lot more people using the internet and it's overloading.

Same here. That was my theory.
It's been issuing "service unavailable" for quite a while. Reload page (usually) resolves.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
I figured that because of the Stay Home, There are a lot more people using the internet and it's overloading.

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
My bookmark is set to RV.net, and I'm too lazy to change it - I just hit refresh
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS