Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Shadow Cruiser 850 Truck Camper
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Shadow Cruiser 850 Truck Camper

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
silverbullet555

Boise

View Profile

Posted: 05/28/20 03:40pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good day,

we have decided to explore a truck camper to expand on our camping opportunities. I have a Chevy 2500HD crew cab short bed 4WD diesel. I have recently learned that carrying capacity kind of sucks for a 3/4 ton.

So, I am trying to find an appropriate truck camper that will fit in the truck and allow me to tow our boat.

I found a mid 90's Shadow Cruiser 850 in good shape. Older, but clean. It's an 8.5' floor which would require it to hang out of the bed. I know overhang may or may no be ok based on the rear wall and the COG.

Does anyone have a source for data on if it is ok for the 850 to be in a short bed?

James
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Classic Crew Cab 4wd 6.5' bed
1995 Northland Grizzly 860 camper
2002 Cobalt 226

GoinThisAway

middle TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/20 08:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Just saw you have another post on this and have more info and feedback so you don't need mine [emoticon]

2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/01/20 11:18pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

No need to worry about the C of G. Camper is not heavy enough to cause you an issue.
Worst case, if you feel the camper needs a little more support in the overhang you can leave the tailgate on if there's nothing in the way, which appears there isn't as the pics I saw show it in an 8' bed.

And no it won't hurt your tailgate, nor will your tailgate get chipped up from being down.

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Shadow Cruiser 850 Truck Camper
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.