cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Road Conditions Utah rt 44

James_Michael
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone tell me the road conditions on RT44 in Utah from Manila, UT to Elk Meadows? Is it safe to pull a trk pulling a trailer combined length of 52 feet. Did a search yesterday to no avail. Thank you in advance. James
James and Nancy
2003 Ford F150 Supercrew Short Bed with Triton V8 with tow package
2006 Keystone Zeppelin Z241
5 REPLIES 5

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
I towed 44 to 191. Some grades, no hair pin turns. Nice scenery. 191 before Vernal has a bunch of switchbacks, but I had no issues at 54 ft overall length. Love that whole area.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
get Mountain Directory West , it will tell you what you need to know for any of the roads out there. Available as a book for purchase, or as a mobile app. Well worth it.

James_Michael
Explorer
Explorer
Hey thanks a lot you guys. That makes me feel better about that route. Google maps made it look like real tight hairpin turns going down hill. That makes me nervous sometimes.

Thanks again
James
James and Nancy
2003 Ford F150 Supercrew Short Bed with Triton V8 with tow package
2006 Keystone Zeppelin Z241

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
I'm not sure either where Elk Meadows is, but from Manila to Flaming Gorge on 44 is a good road and I have towed our 34' fifth-wheel along that route. We especially enjoyed staying at the Manila KOA and driving along 44, including a loop on Sheep Canyon, and stopping at all the roadside views. It is a beautiful area.

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know where Elk Meadows is, but if you're going south on 44 from Manila down to 191.... there will be a steep climb, but fairly short. We have not done it with our 37ft MH, but we have driven it in our toad. There are no tight, hairpin turns that I recall.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.