cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide out motor removal

Anthony_D
Explorer
Explorer
I have a class C that the slide out motor went out on and I can't get it out. There's a coupling that's in the way. Help!
5 REPLIES 5

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
yes, I agree, a very poor design.

After 11 rv's I'm a little tired of getting burned.
That's why I always advise people to strike up conversations with the guys that repair them before they buy. Doing that has saved me from buying certain rvs. But I guess a lot of people are gamblers and let the dice roll .

If you had known that about the slide removal to access the motor, would you have still bought it , knowing that they use 12v cheap motors in these things ? Nothing is quality in rv's, you have to limit your down time and lack of use.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
my 29' Forester needed the drive gear replace on one of the slides, i took it to repair shop, the entire slide has to be removed to replace it. Pretty P-ss Poor design. :E
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Well Anthony its been 24 hrs. Do you still need help ?

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why and how was the slide motor failure diagnosed. Slide motors often shut off on internal protectors due to the slides being

gummed up. The slide will go out a foot then stop, out a foot then stop. Cleaning the slides then adding silicone ,not grease, oil,wd or anything that will collect dirt,

has remedied my bedroom slide many a time. Also, if you are looking at the slide from inside the coach, seal all entry points for plumbing, electrical etc.

I camp in the desert, dusty ,dusty, dusty. The fine silt was getting into my coach and sticking and gumming up my slides. Once I sealed those entry points my issues have lessened dramatically.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
With no information as to type of RV, type of slide, age of unit nobody can help.
Start by listing year, make model and if possible a picture showing the type of slide your dealing with.
Also you may get help on YouTube
Heres what I got from a simple search.
Remove slide motor