cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What $125,000 gets you in Germany

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Too bad this coach isn't sold in the US, I would buy it in a heartbeat. This small coach seems well designed, very well made and pleasant to look at.

Carthago chic c line i5 9 XL LE
23 REPLIES 23

Racklefratz
Explorer II
Explorer II
gemsworld wrote:
It's all relative

Agree. As I posted earlier, it's about preferences. Peoples' preferences aren't identical.

Ours happen to be plenty of room inside the coach, and same with basement storage. Those qualities are hard to come by in the smallish RVs discussed here. Some buyers may not need that; to us, it's a show-stopper.
2012 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43QGP (All Electric)

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Iโ€™ve gotten out of many a car and MH when my head scrapes the ceiling. Throw in small tanks and limited storage, Iโ€™ll keep my fuel guzzling DP with 7โ€™ ceilings.

Now I might be tempted with this German made one with the Smart Car in the back.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Community Alumni
Not applicable
steveh27 wrote:
From a 20 year class b owner - i like it. but how many feet long is it?

Soes it have propane? i skimmed the video & may have missed that. Otherwise how would it be heated while boondocking.

It seems luxurious.

I believe that unit is about 27' long.

I'm assuming since it is built in northern Europe it must have adequate heating, and also a cooling system for those that head south. I did see in the video some heating registers that lets air from the house to the outside storage areas.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Racklefratz wrote:
down home wrote:
Nice but too small. Having spent seven month in the desert in a 39 ft interior Mh I want larger.

Have to agree. Life's too short to tie up that much money in something one can't enjoy.

It's all relative. We owned a 40' DP that served its purpose when we had it but eventually traded down in size to a 26' Winnebago Navion on a Mercedes chassis when our travels changed, and we have no regrets.

And in case you haven't priced new motorhomes lately, $125K doesn't buy much nowadays.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
dougrainer wrote:
gemsworld wrote:
dougrainer wrote:
These are almost identical. Dealers cannot keep them in stock in the USA. We have a 6 month backlog on orders. Doug

https://leisurevans.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1LXCy-Dg6QIVhYbACh1aSQ8DEAAYAiAAEgIVZPD_BwE

Although Leisure Vans make nice products they are not in the same league as that German model.

Have YOU really looked at a Leisure and been in one?????? Leisure uses Mercedes Chassis and I do not recognize the German RV chassis. Except for some cosmetic differences, I do not see any real difference. Doug

I have been inside of them and I like them a lot. We own a 2019 Winnebago Navion with the Mercedes chassis. We may have considered a Leisure Wonder had we seen one but I don't think those models were out at the time we made our purchase.

BTW, if you sell Leisure RVs you should know Leisure is using the Ford chassis in the 2021 Wonder models. I believe the German RV uses a Fiat chassis but I'm not 100% sure.

And as much as you insist on saying you don't see much difference between a Leisure unit and that German unit I beg to differ. That German RV is far more luxurious and has a much better finish than anything this side of the pond at that price point.

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
dougrainer wrote:
These are almost identical. Dealers cannot keep them in stock in the USA. We have a 6 month backlog on orders. Doug

https://leisurevans.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1LXCy-Dg6QIVhYbACh1aSQ8DEAAYAiAAEgIVZPD_BwE
These look very nice from the web site. I like the Ford chassis with over 300HP and 400 ft-lbs of torque a lot better than the diesel chassis. I could not find the CCC on their web site but I assume it is better than the Mercedes.

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
From a 20 year class b owner - i like it. but how many feet long is it?

Soes it have propane? i skimmed the video & may have missed that. Otherwise how would it be heated while boondocking.

It seems luxurious.

Racklefratz
Explorer II
Explorer II
dougrainer wrote:
Sorry, Most of our customers are getting rid of 40 foot Diesels to buy and travel in the Leisures. They like the smaller Motorhome. I don't get it but they like them.

No apology necessary - dif'rent strokes, obviously. And if it's profitable for you, great. But IMO, this is directly related to what people can afford to spend on an RV.

Our personal preferences for interior space in an RV are such that if we had to just "make do" with anything as cramped as these vehicles, we'd just pass on the whole thing. We started RVing by renting a small Tioga, circa early '90s, and quickly found that the excessive population density did not appeal to us. Fortunately, we don't have to make that compromise today.

Our ownership experience has been owning first a 37' Class A, then a 40' Class A, and now our current 43' Tiffin. There's a pattern there somewhere.

Racklefratz
Explorer II
Explorer II
Deleted by author/no option to delete

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Racklefratz wrote:
down home wrote:
Nice but too small. Having spent seven month in the desert in a 39 ft interior Mh I want larger.

Have to agree. Life's too short to tie up that much money in something one can't enjoy.

Sorry, Most of our customers are getting rid of 40 foot Diesels to buy and travel in the Leisures. They like the smaller Motorhome. I don't get it but they like them. Doug

Racklefratz
Explorer II
Explorer II
down home wrote:

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
wow
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
gemsworld wrote:
dougrainer wrote:

Although Leisure Vans make nice products they are not in the same league as that German model.

Have YOU really looked at a Leisure and been in one?????? Leisure uses Mercedes Chassis and I do not recognize the German RV chassis. Except for some cosmetic differences, I do not see any real difference. Doug

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
gemsworld wrote:
Too bad this coach isn't sold in the US, I would buy it in a heartbeat. This small coach seems well designed, very well made and pleasant to look at.

Carthago chic c line i5 9 XL LE

We spend quite a bit of time in Europe. There are a few competitors for these as well there. We have spent time in some of them. Generally speaking RVโ€™s are much higher quality there. But they are generally smaller. Even the boards of snowbirds who go south there are mostly in 30 footers. Spain is full of them in the winter. Morroco is getting popular too.