cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Satellite TV .....pros/cons? Tired of tv infomercials!!

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
Removed the crankup antenna years ago and moved to modern digital antenna and just installed a 360 degree digital one. All I seem to get are the shopping channels or PBS unless I'm in a real city and get some of the local channels. I'm usually on the beach or in the rural country and want to have reliable TV most of the time. Anyone using a satellite system, and if so, comments on ease of use, reliability and finally cost-per-month for the service. Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

ronfisherman
Closing thread.
See this thread to reply.
https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/30089814.cfm
2004 Gulf Stream Endura 6340 D/A SOLD
2012 Chevy Captiva Toad SOLD

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Carryout automatic sat system. We have Direct TV. It depends on the package you buy. It isn't inexpensive. It is very good.

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Before you go through setting up a satellite system try cellular data and online services.
Sling.com
HULU.com
and even Amazon Prime and Youtubetv, would be cheaper in most cases and if you are already using a smartphone, are very easy to try for free.
Sling and Hulu will both offer a free trial.
As far as getting the signal from your phone to your tv, if you decide you want to do this longer term Sling will give you a Roku device for streaming the data to your tv for no additional charge with a 3 month commitment to a $25 a month package. (or at least they did when I signed up)