cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sealants of choice

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Doing the re-seal on the assorted seams on our Winnebago and searching the forums for the best sealants, the post are all quite old and many of the recommendations are no longer available. I'm a satisfied customer of Dicor for roof work but wonder what people are having luck with for vertical and horizontal side wall seams (front and rear end cap to wall and trim that covers wall seams and slide edges). Winnebago uses some sort of milky solvent based sealer that dries clear for those but they only sell it in a huge industrial tube that's really hard to use as opposed to a normal caulking tube plus their product is north of $30 a tube with shipping. What have you all been using?
9 REPLIES 9

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
I would use what Winnebago recommends. Thatโ€™s what holds everything together on the wall to roof. $hity design imo.

1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
I like Geocel Proflex RV Sealant as well but it's a bear to squeeze out of the tube. I recommend making sure you warm up the tube to help. I use a hair dryer for a couple minutes. It's also quite expensive and hard to keep good so use as much as you can. At $20 a tube for the clear stuff sent Prime, you need to get your money's worth.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Proflex X4. I have two tubes arriving from Amazon today!
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Dicor has been punishing RVers for years with cracking and unsticking. Would you put up with that type of roof maintenance on your sticks and bricks home?
Sikaflex 715 outperforms Dicor by a bunch.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
ProFlex X3.
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
You can also use Dicor non leveling sealant on the walls and corners. It won't run like the leveling stuff for the roof.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

fuzzyface
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago has a call out sheet on their website for specific sealants to be used on their motorhomes. Check their website, if still confused, there are multiple videos on youtube for Winnebago specific products.
Linda and Mike Kruzin' in a Kountry Star

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
ProFlex RV sealent x2

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
ProFlex RV sealent is very good. I use it on the roof seams and such. Has worked very well and seems to maintain the seal forever. you can even apply it in damp conditions. I always carry a tube just in case.
2010 Suncruiser