cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anybody Know what this is?

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is on our new-to-us 2002 Lance 811. The city water connection is on the street side under the sink, the cable connection is there also. On the back of the camper I noticed another hose connection, as well as this spigot thingy down by the bottom. I thought the hose connection might be a black tank flush but the black tank is on the other side of the camper in the rear. The fresh tank is all the way up front. That little access door is fishing pole storage.

Anybody know what this hose inlet and spigot might be for?

17 REPLIES 17

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
ticki2 wrote:
I would bet someone added that spigot to the FW drain to have access to water outside without turning on water pump for washing hands and feet . Looks like that camper spent some time on the beach . If it was factory drain it would have been inside a compartment .

I had several RV with that small drain valve sticking from the side and loved it for washing my hands outside.
Never broke it and used those valves quite often for draining the tank on my way home, when stationary drain would always leave some water in the tank.
Actually was annoyed with Lance, who had drain valve inside valve compartment. Had to carefully route the hose, or it would drain on shelves.

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
As I said , thank you for the knowledge . Sometime I have to shake my head at what some of the designers of these things were thinking .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
I agree completely to the ease of getting broken and draining tank, very vulnerable. Ours, an '01 Elkhorn, was built with valve factory installed on back wall. Obviously OPs '02 Lance, another mentioned on his S&S, actually pretty common.
I finally was able to reroute line and relocate valve to inside of gen compartment, our of harms way but also dumps to ground instead of on top of bumper. But only because I cut hole in back wall to utilize and open up basement for another project- (carry ladder) otherwise drain line inaccessible.
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
It would seem a dangerous place to put a cheap plastic valve that could easily be broken off , which would drain the fresh water tank . Extending the drain pipe to that location makes sense so the water would go beyond the truck bed . The valve should be protected . I am n o t familiar with the many brands of TCs , if you know of any factory installs as shown I would thank you for the knowledge .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Though some campers do have drain valves in a compartment, many the fresh water tank drain line is routed to rear and valve simply mounted externaly on wall. The low point plumbing drains just extend out bottom of camper.

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
I would bet someone added that spigot to the FW drain to have access to water outside without turning on water pump for washing hands and feet . Looks like that camper spent some time on the beach . If it was factory drain it would have been inside a compartment .
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

wnjj
Explorer II
Explorer II
BurbMan wrote:
That makes sense, the slide is right there. Innovative way to seal off the crank port! I do have 2 low point drains that are hoses that hang down below the bath, I guess the spigot could be dedicated to FW tank drain...

Make sure you have the crank in case you actually need it someday. Also I agree the spigot is very likely the FW drain. Low point drains are for the plumbing on the pressure side so a total of 3 drains are needed.

billtex
Explorer II
Explorer II
Keg-a-rater?
2020 F350 CC LB
Eagle Cap 850
25'Airstream Excella
"Good People Drink Good Beer"-Hunter S Thompson

dieseltruckdriv
Explorer II
Explorer II
City water hookup? The lowest one sure looks like a tank drain, that is what we had on our S&S.
2000 F-250 7.3 Powerstroke
2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like city water inlet. Same position on my Rockwood. Or could be inlet hose for anti-freeze. Look at your water lines.

Valve is standard water tank drain.

BurbMan
Explorer II
Explorer II
That makes sense, the slide is right there. Innovative way to seal off the crank port! I do have 2 low point drains that are hoses that hang down below the bath, I guess the spigot could be dedicated to FW tank drain...

flakjacket
Explorer
Explorer
As others have mentioned, the one with the cap is the manual crank access.
2005 Silverado 3500 LT, CC DRW 4WD D/A, Ride-Rites, Rancho 9000, Supersprings, Line-X, XM Radio
2007 Lance 1181, Fastguns

mellow
Explorer
Explorer
Black tank flush?
2002 F-350 7.3 Lariat 4x4 DRW ZF6
2008 Lance 1191 - 220w of solar - Bring on the sun!

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Ours also use simular hose cap to cover access to slide-out manual crank- seems a bit low for that though.
Spigot definitely drain