Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Great experience with Roadside Assistance
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Great experience with Roadside Assistance

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
road glide

Angels Camp, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/01/20 09:58pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Today while traveling 45 miles to pick up pharmacy drugs from our home our Jeep had a loud bang and we lost power in either the transmission or transfer case. About 1130am. My wife coasted off to the shoulder on Highway 4 in Stanislaus County east of Farmington.
Dug out my RA card and called the toll free number....The lady on the other end was very professional and got us through the gauntlet of questions. She then left us for a few minutes to search the nearest transmission shop. The shop I wanted (past experience) was 10-15 miles farther so I paid the extra $40 dollars and waited. We received updated texts with mapping. Then the tow truck arrived before the text asking if they made contact.
So all in all we were on our way by 12:55pm just over an hour from our original call to watching our Jeep go away on the slide bed.
Our son showed up a few minutes later with our Suburban to use to go on to Modesto. We got to the shop just as they were unloading.
The counter person at the shop even said she got a call from Good Sam verifying the tow was delivered.
So long story short, we have had GS road service for a number of years, several years ago had a lockout. Again good response.
I see negative reviews and my wife and I were anxious about today's event but GS was great in our instance....
Waiting for tomorrow to hear what the damages are.....

2003 Safari Sahara 350HP Cummins ISC Allison 6 speed
Model 3753 - Triple Slide
2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4 toad

rirish1

Alachua, Florida

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/20 07:06am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I know that there have been plenty of complaints about Good Sam's roadside assistance program but I have always had great service. I have used them about 5 times in the last 15 years and have never had problems. I do understand that there are many factors involved including where you happen to break down. I will continue to be a customer and believe that this is a good service for what you pay.

rightlaneonly

CA..

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/20 07:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I too have had nothing but good service from GS. Your experience echos my recent experience only mine was on hwy 108 east of Knights Ferry. Same professional service and stayed with us (via phone) until the tow truck arrived.
Good job Good Sam.

Lee & Jane
Ford died once to often.
Replaced with 2019 GMC Canyon
back on the camping trail, bought another Aliner.

mockturtle

AZ

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/20 07:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have also had good service with GS RA. The only frustrating experience was when the person on the phone did not speak English clearly.

2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

midnightsadie

ohio

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/20 09:25am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

great news,could be they seen all the bad reports on here and fixed the problem.our feed back helps.glad they took care of things.

Lwiddis

Mono Basin National Forest Scenic Area

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/20 10:09am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Good to hear this about GS.

Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, 300 watts solar-parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL pole for flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county camps. Bicyclist! 14 year Army vet - 11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560)

Daniel.85

USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/20 01:19am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have always had great service from GS.

Richard.34

USA

View Profile

Posted: 06/06/20 01:35am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Daniel.85 wrote:

I have always had great service from GS.

same here

road glide

Angels Camp, California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/07/20 08:51am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Update:
Shop said front driveline failed. New one should be in by Monday 6-8/Tuesday 6-9. Quoted approx $900 parts and labor. Hopefully, after install and road test that will fix the problem. Transmissions for the Jeep range from $1450 to almost $5k Jeep Dealer.
Researched drivelines...those ranged from $200 to $1000(Mopar) for just the part.

Good Sam Care Team

Everywhere

Administrator

View Profile

Posted: 06/10/20 07:24am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hello,

I am closing this topic due to lack of activity. Thank you for your time and participating. Please feel free to open a new thread on this topic in the future if you wish.

Thank you,
Good Sam Care Team

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 

Open Roads Forum  >  Good Sam Roadside Assistance

> Great experience with Roadside Assistance
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Good Sam Roadside Assistance

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.