Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Advice - tires again
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Advice - tires again

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Nv Guy

Reno NV

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/02/20 10:12pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Easy decision for me. Michelins. Every Chinese tire I have had has failed and left me alongside the road.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/20 10:17pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

rexlion wrote:

Wouldn't the best bang for the buck be from a blowout? [emoticon]

That would be the biggest bang for the buck! lol

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/02/20 10:18pm Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Nv Guy wrote:

Easy decision for me. Michelins. Every Chinese tire I have had has failed and left me alongside the road.

Can't recall any Chinese tires that left me on the side of the road, except some good ole GY Marathins. Not sure if they were the egg roller version or not.

I did have some Chinese food once though that caused a roadside emergency of a different sort... That stuff is meal in - meal out!

A1ARealtorRick

Gulf Shores, AL

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/20 06:28am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

FishOnOne wrote:

Made in the USA vs China is a pretty easy decision, but obviously not for someone who chooses a truck Made in Mexico.

Michelins for me...

That does it!! I'm going through my house and my garage and getting rid of EVERYTHING that's NOT made in the USA!! (Do you think the vast empty space will cause a really bad echo when we talk???) [emoticon]

. . . never confuse education with intelligence

2oldman

New Mexico

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/20 06:58am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Save yourself some off-topic chatter grief and peruse these previous posts:

Posts with Sailun in them

rwess

Georgia

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/20 07:08am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My 2010 Chevy 2500HD came new with Bridgestone AT's, best truck tire I ever had. They lasted 58,000 miles and were still going strong with good tread still left with even wear on all 4. I just wanted a new set of tires. I have had a lot of Michelin's on cars and they were great tires. My 1st set of Michelin Defenders had a 70,000 mile warranty, that was great for a LT tire, they did cost me $1250. They only lasted 35,000 miles, with even wear. Went to same tire dealer to see what they could do for me under Michelin's warranty, since they only lasted 50% of warranty. I was leaning towards Toyo's as a replacement at that time.
Well Michelin would only honor the warranty if I got a another set of Defenders. I really did not want another set but with the warranty adjustment I got a new set of Defenders for only $550. Well at that price I said go ahead and install them, however at this time Michelin had reduced its warranty on the LT's from 70,000 to 40,000 miles. I asked the tire dealer why and he said it was because of the bad tire wear the warranty was costing Michelin too much money.
Turns out they are worse than the 1st set of Defenders. When I left the tire dealer I immediately turned around and went back. My truck was bouncing all over the road. Dealer rotated and rebalanced the new tires. They still were unbalanced. Worse set of tires I have ever owned. Uneven outside wear on all 4 tires. I have milked 33,000 out of them, but I should have changed them at 25,000 miles. This will be my last set of Defenders.
Leaning towards trying Coopers. Never had any before, but everyone I talked to said that they are very good truck tire.

rwess
USN Ret.
2017 Open Range 216RBS
2010 Chevy 2500HD Z71 4x4 LT

jdc1

Rescue, Ca

View Profile

Posted: 06/03/20 08:13am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not all Michelin tires are made in the USA.

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/20 08:54am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

jdc1 wrote:

Not all Michelin tires are made in the USA.

Don't start confusing the subject with facts now .

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/20 09:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

Made in the USA vs China is a pretty easy decision, but obviously not for someone who chooses a truck Made in Mexico.

Michelins for me...

That does it!! I'm going through my house and my garage and getting rid of EVERYTHING that's NOT made in the USA!! (Do you think the vast empty space will cause a really bad echo when we talk???) [emoticon]

And most likely be sitting naked at the keyboard. [emoticon]

cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/03/20 09:01am Link  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

A1ARealtorRick wrote:

FishOnOne wrote:

Michelins for me...

Double post

This Topic Is Closed  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Advice - tires again
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.