cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Closest to Pantry Conversion any Good Examples?

adamis
Nomad
Nomad
On our Bigfoot 2500, we have two cabinets that can be used for either a pantry or a closet. We currently have shelves in both for pantry space and kitchen storage. The issue we face is the cabinettes are so deep that any meaningful organization is difficult and lots of space gets wasted vertically.

I've been talking to the Mrs about adding pull out drawers that would give better access and hopefully allow for better optimization of storage. Before I start on this endevour, I was wondering if there were others who had gone down this path already that might have some pictures and advice to share.

1999 F350 Dually with 7.3 Diesel
2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper
9 REPLIES 9

Bedlam
Use the link bellow to host the picture and use the shortcut generated on the page to post your picture on the forum.

http://photoposting.is-great.net/

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Tizi
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a sliding basket self unit from the container store. Fits in the wardrobe perfectly.

I wish I could get a picture to load or I would show you how it looks.
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo

Bedlam
Remember anything with slides will need a locking stop to prevent movement when you are in motion. It can be an automatic latch or a transport pin that is removed once stationary.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

adamis
Nomad
Nomad
Kayteg1 wrote:
I parted out lance and have hardware with double-sided baskets and slide-out track available.
Pm me if that might work for you. Takes over a foot width.

Thanks for the offer but I think I will be busting out the table saw for this project.

2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
I parted out lance and have hardware with double-sided baskets and slide-out track available.
Pm me if that might work for you. Takes over a foot width.

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad II
Nomad II

There are trays like this that could be adapted for your needs.

This off Lowe's website.

adamis
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks for the pics guys, that will get me somthing to work with.

2000 Bigfoot 10.6 Camper

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, slide-out helves are about the best solution. We build our own, and there are lots of different ways to do it, depending on your rig and the way it is built.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
Here's a couple ideas that I've saved for reference.

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded