cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which Michelin for Class C

tiogaearl31
Explorer
Explorer
I am replacing my current Michelin M/S2 tires on my 31 foot Class C. The tire size is LT 225/75R16. My questions is which tire to go with since the M/S2 is no longer available. I am interested in your experience with the actual tires I am listing. Once I tried another tire and had them replaced after one trip so I am only interested in Michelin tires. The three styles I am considering are: LTX A/T2, XPS Rib, and Agilis CrossClimate. The Rib tires are steel belted so my concern here is ride and handling.
Thank you for your help.
10 REPLIES 10

RambleOnNW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Iโ€™ve had good results with Bridgestone Duravis M895s all-steel cased commercial M+S tire. Smooth ride and good handling in the curves. There are sidewall protectors that have protected the sidewalls from scrapes the couple of times I have had curb encounters.

They have discontinued it so for next tires looking at Bridgestone Duravis R238s, Goodyear Wrangler Fortitude C-type and Michelin Rib, Michelin Agilis CrossClimate C-Metric.
2006 Jayco 28', E450 6.8L V10, Bilstein HDs,
Roadmaster Anti-Sway Bars, Blue Ox TigerTrak

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
I wonder if anyone in the U.S. has XPS Traction tires on their RV for bulletproof off-highway use? If so, I'd sure like to know if they're noisey on paved roadway surfaces.

If the XPS Traction tires are quiet -> IMHO, that would be the ultimate Class C tire.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
The XPS ribs are the way to go. Had them on my last 3 rvs and never a moment of trouble. Firm ride but not harsh and they are bulletproof.

FunTwoDrv
Explorer
Explorer
We've been running the Agilis CrossClimate tires on our 32' C for about 5000 miles. So far so good...they ride well, are quite and seem to handle well.

Gary

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
We've been running XPS Rib tires for 3 years now. Our 31' C drives perfect, rides nice and no tire noise. Plus, they don't leak air constantly like our old BF Goodrich did.
Highly recommended.

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
I was going to replace the Michelin M/S2's on my 22ft Class C with a set of Michelin Agilis Cross Country tires. The FMCA tire program offered a good discount for these Michelin tires. Then I traded in this RV and bought a 2020 Jayco 26XD. This year Jayco is running Hankook Dyna Pro HT 225/75r/16 115/112S M/S tires. I just picked this RV up last week and haven't put any miles on it yet, but I thought this information might help.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Michelin does make another steel wall XPS tire similar to their XPS Rib ... but with more aggressive all season tread for better traction.

It's their XPS Traction tire (I wonder if it's still a fairly quiet tire?):
https://www.michelinman.com/tires/x/xps-traction.html
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Consider Toyo tires.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been using the XPS Rib's for about 13 years and 90k miles. Yes, steelwalls but I have enjoyed the ride and no noise. I use them since I airdown to 20psi on the beaches and needed the extra protection of the sidewall construction, so, my opinion is very subjective versus normal RV experiences. I think they handle very well in snow, rain and normal driving conditions as well. I haven't had any other tires on my RV, so don't have anything to compare to other brands. Good luck.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
I had a set of AT2s on my 2002 Roadtrek and they were good for 60,000 miles. Great in mud and snow. Not noisy, deeper tread depth than the MS2s, and stiffer sidewalls in a Load Range E tire.
The current trend seems to be towards the Agilis CrossClimates. I have no personal experience with them, but may go with them when my OEM Continental tires need replaced. My tires are 215/85R16, and they don't make an AT2 in that size, so the choice is being made for me.
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)