cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bar Harbor,Maine

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looking for info about RV Parks near Bar Harbor,Maine...plan on going there this Aug.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
13 REPLIES 13

mkc
Explorer
Explorer
More info on visiting Maine this summer and the mandatory 14 day quarantine, even for RVers. Quarantine means no shopping, no dining out. Not even groceries. Bring everything you'll need for 2 weeks with you or research contactless delivery options ahead of time.

Visiting Maine rules for summer 2020 as of June 6
2017 LTV Unity

mkc
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH wrote:

The below items is from Bayley's CG, which is participating in the lawsuit

A federal judge upheld the state's 14 day quarantine, which remains in place at least through July

Federal judge upholds Maine's 14 day quarantine

The Maine Attorney Generalโ€™s Office filed a brief this month on behalf of the state. It emphasized the swell of visitors that come to Maine every summer and said the order does not ban travel into or from the state.

โ€œMaine has a population of just 1.3 million residents,โ€ the state argues. โ€œLast summer there were 22.1 million non-resident visits, with over half of those visits coming from states where infection rates are much higher than in Maine. Recognizing the need to control the virus and protect our residents, Maineโ€™s governor, through a carefully calibrated process and in close consultation with government officials and public health experts, has issued a series of executive orders pursuant to her authority under state law.โ€

The stateโ€™s response also included supporting affidavits from the head of the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention and the governorโ€™s chief legal counsel.

โ€œMoreover, at the time the quarantine requirement was issued, and continuing to this day, nearby states, including Massachusetts and New York, had much higher infection rates than Maineโ€™s,โ€ CDC Director Dr. Nirav Shah wrote. โ€œOur concern was that people in those states would travel to Maine and unknowingly infect people here, thus further increasing the spread of the virus and the number of COVID-19 cases in Maine.

โ€œUnder that scenario, the capacity of Maineโ€™s existing health care system to provide care for individual patients could potentially be exceeded.โ€
2017 LTV Unity

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Don't remember where we stayed BUT 100 years ago when we visited I remember sitting outside at a table with a checkerboard table cloth eating lobster fresh out of the water. Unforgettable, obviously!
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
JoeH wrote:
We've been staying at Narrows Too for the last 11 yrs. FHU, easy access to Acadia and Bar harbor. Will be heading up there in 2 weeks... I hope they get the out of state quarantine issue resolved by then.

COVID-19 UPDATE AS OF MAY 31ST, 2020
A NEW EXECUTIVE ORDER PERMITS HOSPITALITY BUSINESSES TO BEGIN TAKING RESERVATIONS JUNE 1 BOOKING WITH NON-RESIDENTS ASKED TO QUARANTINE FOR 14 DAYS ON THE HONOR SYSTEM.

This was the headline May 14, 2020 in the Portland Press Herald. Governor Millโ€™s Economic and Community Development Commissioner, Heather Johnson, in charge of implementing the Governorโ€™s Order stated โ€œVisitors from outside of Maine are still being asked to quarantine for 14 days after getting here, but she said the state had no enforcement protocol for the quarantine requirement.

Since the the so-called honor system was announced, Bayleyโ€™s Camping Resort challenged the constitutionality of the discriminatory limitation on our out of state friends. The court stated;

โ€œAlthough the quarantine rule purports a certain neutrality insofar As it imposes a restriction on all who enter the state, including state residents, it effectively discriminates among members of the public in practical application because it grants or denies access to Maineโ€™s goods and services based on citizenship status and access to reality, without regard to the presence or absence of circumstances that would justify imposition of circumstances that would justify imposition of such a burden on a person when considered as an individual.โ€

The court concluded โ€œThe Campgrounds Advance a civil rights action that has potential.โ€ The United States Department of Justice filed a brief in support of the Campgrounds asserting the quarantine requirement discriminates against out of state travelers and violates the constitutional right to travel.

WE ARE OPEN TO ALL OF OUR OUT OF STATE CAMPERS AND WE ARE PRESSING FORWARD CHALLENGING THE UNCONSTITUTIONAL AND DISCRIMINATORY SELF-QUARANTINE โ€œHONOR SYSTEM.โ€

Good for Bayleyโ€™s Camping Resort, family owned campground. I've been told they own a bunch of summer businesses in the Old Orchard Beach area.

Back on Topic

https://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/maine/bar-harbor/mt-desert-narrows-camping-resort-1275 been yrs since we stayed here but seems to still get good reviews. Well maintained campground, clean/updated the bathrooms and showers.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
We've been staying at Narrows Too for the last 11 yrs. FHU, easy access to Acadia and Bar harbor. Will be heading up there in 2 weeks... I hope they get the out of state quarantine issue resolved by then.

COVID-19 UPDATE AS OF MAY 31ST, 2020
A NEW EXECUTIVE ORDER PERMITS HOSPITALITY BUSINESSES TO BEGIN TAKING RESERVATIONS JUNE 1 BOOKING WITH NON-RESIDENTS ASKED TO QUARANTINE FOR 14 DAYS ON THE HONOR SYSTEM.

This was the headline May 14, 2020 in the Portland Press Herald. Governor Millโ€™s Economic and Community Development Commissioner, Heather Johnson, in charge of implementing the Governorโ€™s Order stated โ€œVisitors from outside of Maine are still being asked to quarantine for 14 days after getting here, but she said the state had no enforcement protocol for the quarantine requirement.

Since the the so-called honor system was announced, Bayleyโ€™s Camping Resort challenged the constitutionality of the discriminatory limitation on our out of state friends. The court stated;

โ€œAlthough the quarantine rule purports a certain neutrality insofar As it imposes a restriction on all who enter the state, including state residents, it effectively discriminates among members of the public in practical application because it grants or denies access to Maineโ€™s goods and services based on citizenship status and access to reality, without regard to the presence or absence of circumstances that would justify imposition of circumstances that would justify imposition of such a burden on a person when considered as an individual.โ€

The court concluded โ€œThe Campgrounds Advance a civil rights action that has potential.โ€ The United States Department of Justice filed a brief in support of the Campgrounds asserting the quarantine requirement discriminates against out of state travelers and violates the constitutional right to travel.

WE ARE OPEN TO ALL OF OUR OUT OF STATE CAMPERS AND WE ARE PRESSING FORWARD CHALLENGING THE UNCONSTITUTIONAL AND DISCRIMINATORY SELF-QUARANTINE โ€œHONOR SYSTEM.โ€
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
Have not stayed there, but have reservations for later part of September. Hadleys Point Campground seemed to fit the bill for me while looking for a place to stay. Here is a link for them talking about covid 19 etc.
https://www.hadleyspoint.com/covid.html
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

mkc
Explorer
Explorer
Do watch the quarantine rules for Maine as they unfold. Right now, parks are closed to out of state campers. Once they open to out of state campers, those campers must quarantine in their RVs for 14 days. That means no shopping (not even for groceries), no dining out, not even take out. You must stay at your unit for 14 days. You may receive delivery of food.

There has been no date announced for the lifting of the mandatory 14 day quarantine. It is the subject of a lawsuit, but a federal judge just recently upheld the current Maine quarantine rule.
2017 LTV Unity

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
I loved staying at Bar Harbor Campground. I believe we stayed there for 16 days. They don't take reservations! First come, first serve. They also don't take credit cards. Cash or checks only.
Best part of staying was we had lobster delivered to our site 7 times. Believe it was $34.95 for 2 lobsters, 2 ears of corn and a pound of mussels. I believe this was in 2015 0r 16.
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.

Geo_Boy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Smugglers Den Campground is nice..

kfp673
Explorer II
Explorer II
Stayed at Bar Harbor campground a few years ago. They dont take advanced reservations, so while you are taking a bit of a risk, also means it cant be sold out ahead of time and you have as good of a shot as everyone else. Being a procrastinator this was great for us! Also depends when you get there. We got there on a Sunday and had plenty of sites. They told me arriving Saturday might have been a bit tougher. Give them a call and they will help make suggestions. Campground was decent. Huge blueberry bush field if you're there at the right time. Real close to Acadia

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I liked Patten Pond Camping Resort. (Need to update my map!)
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
One option, when you get to the Harrisburg PA area stay on I-81 until you get to Scranton PA. Then take I-84 east into New England and pick up I-95.
It's a little farther but, you bypass NYC.

mkc
Explorer
Explorer
Go to RVParkreviews.com, search the area for options.

Once they are open for reservations for out of state residents (Maine campgrounds have been closed to them due to COVID-19, although there is a current lawsuit regarding this), get a reservation. Maine has an extremely short camping season, this year especially, and July and August are the most popular months. You will need to book ahead.
2017 LTV Unity