cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reservations for WRONG dates...

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone else ever made their reservations for the wrong dates? We booked our local county park for next weekend... or so I though about a month ago. About 8:30 tonight, my phone rang and I answered it. It was a pro ranger from our local park wanting to know if we were going to make it to either of the two spots that we booked tonight. That is not what we wanted to hear at 8:30 on Thursday. I am not 100% sure if this was my screw up or theirs, but luckily they were understanding and had two spots side by side for next weekend and changed our reservations for no fee.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper
8 REPLIES 8

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Got an e-mail this morning saying "How was your visit to our state park?"

Problem is the reservation was for a week over July 4th weekend.

No, it wasn't. I had made the reservation for JUNE 2nd - 8th.

My bad...
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
Yup, did it once when reserving 4 sites for a group. Thankfully my wife noticed when she went to email the reservation info to the rest of the group. Moral of the story, I'm not allowed to reserve sites anymore!!!

I received email confirmation for both sites, but I didn't even open them. I just through them in my reservation folder a few months ago. I will check now. I am thankful that they at least called and worked with me.

Former Coaches:
1991 Coleman Pop Up

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yup, did it once when reserving 4 sites for a group. Thankfully my wife noticed when she went to email the reservation info to the rest of the group. Moral of the story, I'm not allowed to reserve sites anymore!!!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
I've done it more than once. My fault totally.

I've never had a campground get it wrong.

I do most bookings on line, and keep a copy of the reservation. More than once I've looked straight at a reservation and seen what I expected to see, not what it actually said.

Now, don't let me get started on my wife and doctor's appointments!!!!!
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Guy Roan wrote:
Was that "another senior moment"
- On your part; or theirs ?

Guy

I have year before Iโ€™m a senior, but that doesnโ€™t meant Iโ€™m losing it. Iโ€™m about 95% sure I told her the right dates in the phone. Their online reservation system has been down during their renovations. They want people to call and book so they can make sure people are aware of everything going on construction wise. We can still see the avability online though. I kept telling her I was site number 21 and she said itโ€™s booked and I wondered why it showed available. I just assumed it was due to the construction. But it was due to it being a different week.

We typically go here after work on Wednesday or Thursday for a weekend get away 24 minutes from home. We would have been disappointed next weekend had we went and not had a reservation and they been booked.

Former Coaches:
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
Was that "another senior moment"
- On your part; or theirs ?

Guy

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
SDcampowneroperator wrote:
It happened many times when we owned our park. Be careful of your date entries, so asnot to confuse months. spell out the month, do not use its numerical 6 (june) 7 ( july ) can easily be confused with the dates. Other nations list day before month
Thankfully you had a park ranger on top of it.

I called and made this one over the phone. But Iโ€™m
Glad they worked with us.

Former Coaches:
1991 Coleman Pop Up

SDcampowneroper
Explorer
Explorer
It happened many times when we owned our park. Be careful of your date entries, so asnot to confuse months. spell out the month, do not use its numerical 6 (june) 7 ( july ) can easily be confused with the dates. Other nations list day before month
Thankfully you had a park ranger on top of it.