Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tech Issues: Dually valve stem extensions
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Dually valve stem extensions

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Yeates689

Bahstun

View Profile

Posted: 06/05/20 07:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ty

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/05/20 09:53pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The ones you need are from Borg AKA Your Tire Supply. Dually Kit

They will look like this. The valve stems for Class C Duallys. I have a set from another vendor that was the original maker of them and have been on my Class C for over 10 years with no leaks or problems. You can Check the pressure on all tires in a matter of minutes.

Valve stems

DO NOT put the braided extenders on, they will leak and if they come loose from their mount on the wheel they will cause a catastrophic air loss.

2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental

Buying A Rental Class C

Chevrolet Based Class C

Bobbo

Wherever I park

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/20 07:03am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I highly recommend the Tire Man valve stems. They are not extensions. The tires must be removed from the wheels and the valve stems replaced. I had my local tire shop do this for me when I had my Class C.

http://tire-man.iwvisp.com/products.html

Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Gonzo42

California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/20 08:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

found mine at Pep Boys auto parts but I had to get two sets because they are short. My previous ones were the armored steel type which destroyed themselves AND my wheel simulator. Brand same SLIME.

MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

IAMICHABOD

Sunny So Cal 90713

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/20 09:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bobbo wrote:

I highly recommend the Tire Man valve stems. They are not extensions. The tires must be removed from the wheels and the valve stems replaced. I had my local tire shop do this for me when I had my Class C.

http://tire-man.iwvisp.com/products.html

These are the ones that I have but.

Tire-man is no more. The site is still up but none of the phone numbers work, the email bounces and looking at google street maps it looks like someone else has the shop now.

Sadly Chuck,the owner passed away and none of his kids wanted to keep it going. I suppose that the website will eventually die as did Chuck and Sue.

Johno02

Lexington, TN USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/06/20 09:53am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Find an established truck tire company, and they can take care of your needs. This is truck tire situatio, ano Auto tire. Many Auto Tire places do not have the knowledge or equipment to properly handle truck problems.

Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)
2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

8ntw8tn

Southeast Iowa & Texas Hill Country

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/20 08:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Johno02 wrote:

Find an established truck tire company, and they can take care of your needs. This is truck tire situatio, ano Auto tire. Many Auto Tire places do not have the knowledge or equipment to properly handle truck problems.

I agree, with one caveat. I've found that Discount Tire (I've dealt with 3 separate ones in 3 states) seems to have the experience and training to adequately deal with duals. Over the last 17 years I've had 3 duallys and had valve extensions on all of them. As one poster advised, steel valves are a must; using flexible valves is inviting trouble. I've used both flexible braided extensions and steel rigid extensions and found the latter are more reliable and less subject to damage. Hope this helps.

'08 Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax;
'10 Carriage Cameo F35FWS
Det 1 56th SOWg

fj12ryder

Platte City, MO

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/20 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Flexible valve stem extenders are almost guaranteed to leak, sooner or later. I've tried three different brands and they all failed. One immediately, and the other two after differing periods of time. Now I use a tire chuck and pressure gauge specifically made for duallies.

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Dually valve stem extensions
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.