Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: (((Update))) we bought it / 1995 Lance squire lite 185
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> (((Update))) we bought it / 1995 Lance squire lite 185

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
jaycocreek

Idaho

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/20 05:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In 2005 I wanted to get back into truck camping and the prices I was used to were gone for a good used truck camper..I looked and looked and finally found a nice 1992 Lance locally from a guy that his wife had just passed away...it had leaked in the front window but he was on it immediately..I looked it over good and decided to go ahead and fork out more than I wanted to...I couldn't get him below $2900,so I bought it and was glad I did...

We had many years of hunting /fishing /wood getting and just plain fun in it without ever having to do anything but upkeep and a new AC..Well worth every penny to us..I hated to sell it...

[image]

The prices of truck campers, new and used, are unbelievably over priced..Period..

1994 F-350 DRW /460/k&n intake /415# torque/lance 9.6/Engel compressor fridge/3 gr 27 batteries/Honda 2k/Honda 3K/WH Camo 2250/Reese solid bar extension/Buddy heater/3 inverters//Happi Jack tie downs /Firestone bags/Yamaha Rhino/Winch and Lockers

eDUBz

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 06/07/20 11:15pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks everyone, we checked it out again and it’s a solid unit, we didn’t want to let a few hundred bucks stop the deal, seller wouldn’t Go any lower than 4K. I have been looking off and on for the past couple of years for a short bed model that had everything we wanted plus we were finally ready to get one. We are going to use this for short 1-3 day trips. Or just random day trips to the beaches or up in the local mountains, or when I go out dirt bike riding for the day. We have a trip planned to Idaho first week of July we are Now considering taking the truck camper and leaving a few days

Brought her home last night
[image]

LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

joerg68

St. Ingbert, Germany

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/20 12:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congratulations! Have fun with the new (for you) camper! I wish you many happy travels!

2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/20 05:56am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

eDUBz wrote:

Thanks everyone, we checked it out again and it’s a solid unit, we didn’t want to let a few hundred bucks stop the deal,
Brought her home last night
[image]

Congrats on your new camper.

Some people think I paid too much for my used camper but I wanted it. I almost never saw what I wanted for sale. I gave it a thorough going over and handed over the money.

According to NADA I'm into it about 2 1/2 times what its worth.

I bought a new generator for it, new flooring, all new blinds, new bedding, two new fantastic vents, one new emergency vent and a bunch of TLC.

I'm really not interested in what its worth because its exactly what I wanted.

Everybody's wants and needs are different.

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
6580 lb truck 10540 fully loaded

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/20 09:28am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congrats! Let the fun begin!

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

AnEv942

CA

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/20 12:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

specta wrote:

I'm really not interested in what its worth because its exactly what I wanted.

That is its real worth. Used market is limited so finding what you want in features usually is the compromise-.
In the OPs case though- subtracting the extras, included tie-downs, honda gen, aftermarket radio, handle, new skylight, mattress etc- in a camper wanted- sounds pretty good to me.

Question the 5gal tank capacities https://www.lancecamper.com/docs/Lance_1995_brochure.pdf

01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page

eDUBz

Southern California

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/20 02:03pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Stock leafs, should I add helper leafs? I measures the stock height and then after the TC installed and it dropped the rear 2 1/2” inches.

[image]

* This post was edited 06/08/20 02:29pm by eDUBz *

jimh425

Western MT

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/20 05:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I think it's pretty good as is. Is the camper pretty level?

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 Dbl Slide, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Air Bags, Hankook DH-01 225/19.5 Fs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/20 05:25pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Congratulations.
When is camper warming party?

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 06/08/20 06:50pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

eDUBz wrote:

Stock leafs, should I add helper leafs? I measures the stock height and then after the TC installed and it dropped the rear 2 1/2” inches.

[image]

[image]

Mine dropped about 2 1/2" too.
I weighed the truck right before and after picking up the camper.
As is in the picture the camper weighed 3260 lbs.

The sticker on the door says max payload is 3400 lbs.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> (((Update))) we bought it / 1995 Lance squire lite 185
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.