Border closure extended

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
41 REPLIES 41

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I assume you're talking about the USA cops who are being physically attacked and murdered, their police departments being overrun and burned down, some in jail for just doing their jobs or those cops who are leaving the profession in droves? Do you really want them to drop everything and pick up illegal Canadians? The cops don't really give a **** any more. Glad I did my 30 years before all this mess started.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Little_Kopit
Explorer
Explorer
This past weekend I heard that Yukon Quest 2021 may be changed so that those who race on the US side stay there and those who race on the Canadian side stay in Canada.

Thinking 9 months ahead they are!!!

🙂
& I, I took the road less travelled by.

My Photo Album, featuring Labrador 2006

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
charlestonsouthern wrote:
Boon Docker, "Why don't you tell us us how you really feel about Canadians." I think Canadians (particularly the ones that I know well) are the most unselfish people in the world, and there are so many examples of that unselfishness. Two, in particular, work tirelessly for children in Mexico during the Christmas season to make sure these children are not left out during the joy of the holiday and I feel lazy by simply writing a small check; another in BC helps a small Mexican child born without a limb by collecting and using her own money to pay expenses for this child and her mother to travel to Los Angeles as the child grows to have surgeries to facilitate the attachment of an artificial limb; another great Canadian worked with unions and political parties to help middle class Canadians earn a living wage; I cried when he told me his wife of approximately 40 years (and many years of RVing with her) had passed away and sent him his favorite scotch (via another Canadian) so that he could make toasts to her many times until he got stinking drunk. Internationally, (with no government rules which mandated it had to be done), Government Canadians risked their lives to participate in getting some of the US Embassy employees out of Tehran and hiding them in the home of the Canadian Ambassador during the Iranian revolt, no one knew this for years and, therefore, early on, Canadians did not get credit for it when it happened. I could keep going, but I think you now know why I love Canadians! Just be kind to your friends and IF YOU HAVE TO, just send them packing. I felt that I didn't have to; they were good guests; the rest was between God and their conscience.

Good for you, I am happy to hear that you feel the way you do about your fellow man. 🙂

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
charlestonsouthern wrote:
Boon Docker, "Why don't you tell us us how you really feel about Canadians." I think Canadians (particularly the ones that I know well) are the most unselfish people in the world, and there are so many examples of that unselfishness. Two, in particular, work tirelessly for children in Mexico during the Christmas season to make sure these children are not left out during the joy of the holiday and I feel lazy by simply writing a small check; another in BC helps a small Mexican child born without a limb by collecting and using her own money to pay expenses for this child and her mother to travel to Los Angeles as the child grows to have surgeries to facilitate the attachment of an artificial limb; another great Canadian worked with unions and political parties to help middle class Canadians earn a living wage; I cried when he told me his wife of approximately 40 years (and many years of RVing with her) had passed away and sent him his favorite scotch (via another Canadian) so that he could make toasts to her many times until he got stinking drunk. Internationally, (with no government rules which mandated it had to be done), Government Canadians risked their lives to participate in getting some of the US Embassy employees out of Tehran and hiding them in the home of the Canadian Ambassador during the Iranian revolt, no one knew this for years and, therefore, early on, Canadians did not get credit for it when it happened. I could keep going, but I think you now know why I love Canadians! Just be kind to your friends and IF YOU HAVE TO, just send them packing. I felt that I didn't have to; they were good guests; the rest was between God and their conscience.

Thank you.

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
charlestonsouthern
Why don't you tell us how you really feel about Canadians.

Either country, Canadians or Americans doesn't matter, if you are not following the rules you deserve to get fined.

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
charlestonsouthern...you absolutely should be asking your police and health officials to uphold the lasw of your state and country. Now then...do you know the federal law regarding who can and who cannot enter the United States at this time? I do believe that the countries from where people are NOT allowed to enter the US do not included Canada.

With specific exceptions, foreign nationals who have been in any of the following countries during the past 14 days may not enter the United States. For a full list of exceptions, please refer to the relevant proclamations in the links below.

European Schengen (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Monaco, San Marino, Vatican City)
United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland)
Republic of Ireland

Do I condone boorish behavior? Not a bit. But, now that you have seen the need, ensure you call 911.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

charlestonsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Garyhaupt and Boon Docker, a very good article; maybe I should ask our editor here at the "News and Courier" (and even he could ask the "New York Times") to get permission to publish that article in our respective newspapers and ask our public when reading the article to read it replacing the word "Americans" with "Canadians." After delivering staple goods at the Food Bank in Myrtle Beach, the Canadian (and others) I spoke with at the gas station said they were shopping for food and beer so that they could have a supply and separate themselves from the dense population; they even were wearing masks. All I could say was, "Welcome to South Carolina." Maybe I was wrong; Should I have called the SC State Troopers immediately and have them questioned as to when they left Mexico and why they lied to US border patrol about going home (that was the reason the US exempted Canadians from the list of foreign nationals not allowed to cross the US/Mexico border? Should I have called the US Wildlife Service so that they could be detained in their rented houseboat on the Santee River? Since they are Canadians, they certainly should have known the rules for Americans in Canada. So why not for them? Instead of thinking that they were good guests (masks and all that), should I have thought that for some reason they thought they were "entitled" to be here? It did cross my mind that while so many Canadians in their country were limiting their travel and being patriotic, why weren't they also doing it? Ummmm, You've given me new "food for thought." The hell with hospitality, never thought of it that way. Thanks!

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you can't follow the rules then pay the price. Good that they got fined, maybe it will teach then to follow rules in the future.

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
You know the feelings that get ruffled when a US resident is caught bringing guns into Canada?

Well..if you are an American that insists that travel into Canada for sightseeing is somehow their right? or...the border doesn't seem closed?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/rcmp-americans-banff-alaska-1.5621452

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Keeping sick Americans at home.

RickLight
Explorer III
Explorer III
That doesn't sound very closed.
Rick,

2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 273MK
2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
PullRite Superglide

Crazy4silvers
Explorer
Explorer
RickLight wrote:
Crazy4silvers wrote:
My wife and I just drove home last week from Idaho to Fairbanks thru Alberta, BC and Yukon. It was very strange as after we got to Whitecourt, AB it seemed like a ghost highway and the further north we got it only got worse. Businesses closed or hanging on by a thread. Traffic was probably half what we normally see in February coming south from Fairbanks. We have done this trip for years.

I don't know the answer but hope we all make it.
Rick

I have to ask; how were the border crossings?

Crossing was uneventful, usual questions and asked about covid symptoms. Additional stop after customs booths for health folks to take our temperatures and explain isolating rules while in Canada.
2012 Airstream Eddie Bauer
2016 Ram 3500 Laramie 4x4 6.7L

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
garyhaupt wrote:
See'ing that there is some talk now about extending the closure to end of the year. So far...just scuttlebutt, but....

Gary

Wow Gary. Had not heard that. Let’s hope it just stays as scuttle butt.