Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Travel Trailers: Slide out doesn't work
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Slide out doesn't work

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
campigloo

Baton Rouge, La

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/20 01:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Does it have a round tube with a gear rack under the slide? You should be able to easily see it when the slide is out.

RCMAN46

NorthWest

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/20 03:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Look under the slide.

[image]

[image]

you should see two large gear racks and a tube that has what looks like a beer can on the end. That is the lineal actuator for the slide. On the end which will be inside the trailer frame is the gear box. It will be almost on the other side of the trailer inline with this tube. That is where you cut a small slit and reach up a feel around and you should feel the gear box and motor. The actuator is about 6 feet or so long when not extended.

you should see two large gear racks and a tube that has what looks like a beer can on the end. That is the lineal actuator for the slide. On the end which will be inside the trailer frame is the gear box. It will be almost on the other side of the trailer inline with this tube.

That is where you cut a small slit and reach up a feel around and you should feel the gear box and motor.

The actuator is about 6 feet or so long when not extended.

This assumes you have a Lippert slide.

Sounds like you have stripped a gear. You can get a steel gear replacement or buy the motor and gear box.

* This post was edited 06/15/20 03:39pm by RCMAN46 *

RICK-ards Red

Ontario

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/15/20 05:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Is there a panel below the front of the coach? If so it may be access to the motor and gears.

2017 Coachman Catalina 25RKS
2015 GMC Sierra 1500 - Kodiak edition

campigloo

Baton Rouge, La

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/16/20 01:57pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If it won’t open and makes a clicking sound when you try it may be in a bind. Try backing off on the stop can. It’s the thing that kind of looks like a bell. If it opens without the can stopping the slide on the way in your motor may be getting weak. It’s pretty easy to change but really expensive.
Yes, you will have to cut a hole in it. I used a political sign cut to size to make a cover and now I have a permanent access hole.

wnewbury

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/17/20 07:06pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

You all are the greatest. Thanks for all the suggestions. I still haven't found the motor or manual over ride BUT I got lucky. I exercised the switch fifty times and installed a new battery and it works. It had been sitting for 8 years.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Travel Trailers  >  General Q&A

> Slide out doesn't work
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Travel Trailers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.