cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the little red LED light on the Tank Monitor Panel

Lakeland_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
I had occasion to remove the RV Tank Sensor Monitor Panel M25 | KIB from the wall and disconnect the wires. In doing so I discovered a tiny red LED light located between the electric and gas activator switches that had the initials "DSI" & "FLT" above and below it.

After searching the owners manual for my trailer and the internet information web for monitor panel KIB, model M25 I found absolutely nothing.

So in desperation I turn to you guys who know all. The panel is not TT/RV brand specific so the information is not specific to my TT alone.

Unable to post a picture but you can find the panel here:https://www.amazon.com/Sensor-Monitor-Panel-Replacement-Holding/dp/B07XZGX6V9/ref=sr_1_6?crid=2JRNGD68WE23R&dchild=1&keywords=holding+tank+indicator&qid=1591932785&sprefix=holding+tank++indicator%2Caps%2C183&sr=8-6

Thank you in advance.
4 REPLIES 4

fallsrider
Explorer
Explorer
cavie wrote:
It will come on every time you switch to gas then go out when it starts. it will come on and stay on if you run out of gas.
Mine works this way, though my gas ignition switch is separate from my panel. Others' mileage may vary.

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
It will come on every time you switch to gas then go out when it starts. it will come on and stay on if you run out of gas.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

Lakeland_Bob
Explorer
Explorer
I knew this was the place to ask. Thank you for the quick and specific answer. I have been using the electric w/h but I guess I should exercise the gas side occasionally.

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
It indicates the DSI on the water heater has faulted. In other words the Direct Spark Ignition on the propane side of the water heater failed to light three times. The heater went into lockout and turned on the light. You can reset it by turning the switch off and back on.

If you haven't used the propane for a while it's usually a good idea to purge the lines by running the stove burners on high for about 30 seconds. Then once purged try to light the water heater again.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup