Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: SEWER HOSE STORAGE
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> SEWER HOSE STORAGE

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next
cummins2014

Utah

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/20 08:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Super_Dave wrote:

My issue is that the storage tubes only hold one section of hose. The sites that we typically get require 15' to 20' of hose. I can store one in the factory tube but the other becomes a PITA.

I have the OE tube that came on the fifth wheel, and I built the same as Barney's so I can haul two 15' , there is room in the OE to keep the splice fitting if needed to hook the two together. Everything is in the two tubes.

pcm1959

home

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/20 08:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have the same built in sewer hose compartment on my rig from the factory. It's length and diameter would not accommodate much so I did the fence post cover storage underneath. I really like the retrofit of the factory compartment. I may consider that. As I get older it would be easier to access than the one underneath.

2018 GMC Sierra 3500 DRW 4x4 Duramax/Allison
2014 Lifestyle LS36FW
St Augustine, FL

garyp4951

TN

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/20 11:22am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a rubber maid tote with three 15' hoses, and all sewer attachments [emoticon]

pcm1959

home

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/20 11:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Dump stations are filthy. I like having the hose and all its fittings in their own dedicated space outside any of the compartments. I don't want to set a bucket or tote on the ground around the dump station and then place it back into the basement. Everything fits in the fence post cover carrier.

rhagfo

Portland, OR

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/20 11:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

time2roll wrote:

5" vinyl fence post mounted under holds mine.

X2 or more, 5” not 4” with caps 8’ long holds two 10’ sections of hose and connection elbows.

Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Armand_C

Westwood, Northern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/20 01:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BarneyS wrote:

Here is what I did for mine. I made three of them. One for myself, and one for each my two sons who also have RV's.
Got all the supplies at Lowe's

The far end of the trough is open so it can be used as a hose support if needed.
Barney

[image]

Man that's a beautiful job you did! I think I'm gonna do that for the second length of hose. I can't tell what the mats you used are though.

2021 Grand Design Reflection

Armand_C

Westwood, Northern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/20 01:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks ROBWNY, I just looked underneath the rig and saw that there was a factory sewer hose storage underneath. I didn't see it because it was way under the rig by the axle and doesn't come to the edge of the trailer. I actually had to get on my hands and knees to see it, which means im gonna have to do the same when using it [emoticon]. My Rhinoflex hose barely fits inside, but I can't have the attachments on the hose because they wont fit in the tube. Also, I can only fit one 10' length of hose inside so I'm going to have to build another tube. I really like Barney's design. Which brings up a question for Barney, how did you attach it to the bottom of the rig?

dpgllg

South West Pennsylvania

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/20 02:33pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RobWNY wrote:

I just bought a 2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS. It has a hitch receiver and no bumper. It came with a sewer hose tube already attached underneath just about at the mid point near the sewer discharge tube. Are you sure yours doesn't have one?

I have the 2017 GD Reflection and that is where mine is as well BUT it will only accommodate ONE Rhinoflex hose as it is very short. These holders come in two lengths Grand Design to save a few bucks chose the less expensive short one.

I want to replace or add a holder but my health is preventing me from getting underneath my 5th wheel. If I ever get my health back I'd love to do what Barney did for his. For now a have a separate plastic bin with locking lid that holds my elbow and 2nd hose and keep it in the storage compartment.

Dave

2013 2500HD Chevy LTZ 6.6 Diesel Ext Cab Long Bed
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL 5th Wheel
Dear Wife, plus two Cocker Spaniels and a Standard Poodle

ACZL

UPstate,NY

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/13/20 03:27pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Like another poster, I too have a plastic tote that used to house the sewer stuff. Now, I use the factory tube under the coach near docking station and have a 20' in its w/clear elbow, 1-10' w/ clear elbow and (I think) another 20' hose in tote w/ rest of sewer items. As for the question about long hose storage, you could always add an additional tube under the coach. Next purchase will be Rhino hoses.

2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

ksbowman

Kansas

View Profile

Posted: 06/13/20 04:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

garyp4951 wrote:

I have a rubber maid tote with three 15' hoses, and all sewer attachments [emoticon]

X2[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Fifth-Wheels

> SEWER HOSE STORAGE
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Fifth-Wheels

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.