cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

MorRyde You Turn Rotating Pinbox - Update from B & W

B92F
Explorer
Explorer
We will be taking delivery on our new Arctic Wolf 285DRL4 in three weeks. It has the MorRyde you turn rotating pinbox which I'm not familiar with. I currently have a B&W Companion slider in the short bed Ford.

How well does this box work with short bed trucks?

If it performs well, then one of the advantages would be that I can trade out the slider base for a regular Companion base saving my truck and my back about 80 pounds. In a very brief talk with one of the service techs, the plan at the moment would be to lock the pinbox and continue using the slider.

Disclaimers: didn't find anything doing a search, I'm aware of the recall on this particular box and will check with the dealer about this, and I won't switch to the Anderson. :B

Thanks in advance for any input.
2022 Ford F250 Super Duty
2020 Cherokee Arctic Wolf 285DRL4
B&W 20K Companion
10 REPLIES 10

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
As usual a B&W FanBoy comes thru once again!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
B92F wrote:
Me Again wrote:
B92F wrote:
Got a very quick response from B&W on my follow up question. We're good to go with the MorRyde as long as it it locked so that it doesn't pivot.

You could give me a little credit for the correct answer!

You're right, you had it first. :W

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

B92F
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
B92F wrote:
Got a very quick response from B&W on my follow up question. We're good to go with the MorRyde as long as it it locked so that it doesn't pivot.

You're right, you had it first. :W
B&W 20K Companion

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
B92F wrote:

2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

B92F
Explorer
Explorer
B&W 20K Companion

B92F
Explorer
Explorer
Got a response from B&W ~ "Unfortunatly the MorRyde pin box is not compatible to be used with the Companion models that mount into the turnover ball because there is only one point of attachment to the bed of your truck." I followed up asking if they had any recommendations on a pin box, so we'll see.

In the mean time I still have 2 weeks before we pick up the new trailer, so any suggestions on a pin box would be welcome.
B&W 20K Companion

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
B92F wrote:
I have the turn over ball slider hitch. I'll give B&H a call and see what they advise as the best option.

Thanks for the reply's.

I read that the Morryde pin box does have lockup bolts to prevent it from rotating. It is stated that they have to be removed to use the feature. I sure they are there from the factory so the delivery drivers can tow them. Have your dealer leave them in the pin box so you can tow it with your current slider hitch until you decide on your long term decision. Chris

B92F
Explorer
Explorer
I have the turn over ball slider hitch. I'll give B&H a call and see what they advise as the best option.

Thanks for the reply's.
B&W 20K Companion

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have the gooseneck mounted B&W hitch you my have to leave the lockout bolts in the Morryde pin box and use your slider.

Does you F250 have the factory pucks in the bed? If so you can switch to the B&W puck base, and then use the Morryde rotating hitch as designed.

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.morryde.com/products/you-turn-rotating-pin-box/

From etrailer:

Can a Sidewinder Pin Box Be Used with a B&W Patriot 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch
Question:
I noticed on the sidewinder it says you cant use it with several hitches one being the BandW. I thought you could not use it with the BandW that mounts using the single point basically your goose neck hole but I thought you could use it on one that mounts in the above bed rails. It says BandW fifth wheel hitch. Does that mean all BandW and if so why?

asked by: Stacy

Helpful Expert Reply:
A Sidewinder pin box like the Sidewinder 5th Wheel King Pin with Rotating Turret part # RP34FR cannot be used with a B&W Companion 5th-Wheel Trailer Hitch Adapter like part # BWRVK3500 that mounts into a gooseneck hitch but it can be used with a B&W Patriot 5th Wheel Trailer Hitch like part # BWRVK3255 that mounts to industry standard above bed base rails (ISR).

Looks like you need the Morryde wedge for B&W hitch RTPB77-007
https://www.morryde.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/wedge_guide_options.pdf