cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TT Tires

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
I just ordered tires for my TT from Americas Tires. I went from 205x75 15 to a 225x75 Goodyear Indurance. 10 ply. How have they held up for the people that have bought them? $708.00 out the door but they had to order them. I asked for DOT on the tires to be under 6
months but he said we cannot ask for that. I said if they are over 8 months old that I will cancel the order. They said "fine"
I have towmaster on them now, 2,232 pds per tire, 5 yrs old but I had a tire come completely apart when I got to my camp site last summer. It had air in it but it was completely apart on the inside of the tire, I was lucky it did not blow out on the Freeway. I had a new tire from America tire put a new tire on in Burlington Wa for $63
samsontdog:o:W
6 REPLIES 6

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Good choice on the Endurance! Replaced the original maypops on my last trailer (two did pop after 14k miles) with them and shortly after got a tire monitoring system so the valve stems had to be changed. Did it myself and those tires had very rigid sidewalls and a tough bead. Needed 40 psi to reseat them. New trailer this year has Trail King tires and had to change stems again. Popped the bead with almost no effort and it took only 14 psi to reseat them and the sidewalls were flimsy. No wonder they must be inflated to 80 psi no matter what the load is. GoodYear has a chart for inflation vs load for the Endurance tires. Good luck with your tires and you will be able to have confidence in them on the road.
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

JIMNLIN
Explorer
Explorer
The Endurance has only been out since 1-29-2017 so they still should be doing great as most rv trailer owners enmass have bought them the last couple of years. Their a heck of a lot better looking tire than the Marathons they replaced.
"good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment" ............ Will Rogers

'03 2500 QC Dodge/Cummins HO 3.73 6 speed manual Jacobs Westach
'97 Park Avanue 28' 5er 11200 two slides

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Love my Endurance tires. I don't worry about a blow out when towing. Going into the 3rd year on the trailer and 10K miles. I know, not that many miles on them but we didn't use the trailer much last season.

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
OEM 205? you may have 5" or 5.5" wheels. Approved wheels are 6" to 7" wide.

https://www.goodyear.com/en-US/tires/endurance/sizes-specs

Maybe I read it wrong. It is under cover and hard for this old 82 yr old to read
samsontdog:o:W

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

Seneca_35GS
Explorer
Explorer
Stick to your guns on the 'date code requirement'. Do not accept any tire that is out specification per your request. Be sure the last two digits on the date code are '20. Good luck, if the dealer has to order the tires just have him comply with your requirement