cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rocky Point Re-Opening Goofy Plan

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
Apparently the virus is contracted from Ocean water and specific fresh water; "authorization was approved for reopening of pools at resorts and hotels, which does not encompass pools for commercial use or private residences. Similarly, authorization was given for use of the Federal Concession part of the beach, which will be monitored by security guards at each resort, this does not authorize swimming at the cityโ€™s different beaches."

Re-Opening Plan
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP
8 REPLIES 8

Talleyho69
At this point, we would welcome the same restrictions here because at least we had something to do and somewhere to go!

It's way better than what we have and they have had.

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
They authorized use of the resort pools and beach but you cannot dip your toes in the sea at that authorized resort beach, walk to the waterline but no farther. They authorized rental houses but you cannot use the house private pool.

Goofy!

Russ, I am aware of your restrictions and am glad you are happy with them.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Russ for a sensible post
On Kino the business owners are pressuring the state to open the beaches. I hope they fail. It has been tough on the residents. The state provides very little help. But locals and ex pats came to the rescue
We are safe in our province in Canada but eish I was there to help. All over Mexico ex pats have really helped.

Talleyho69
Your tough love is very similar to ours here, but it didn't start until April 3. We are now up to 20 some cases and two deaths, and the numbers are rising.

Like you, we are a tourist town, but we will be getting many many bus loads of tourists from inland when things open up. We can only imagine what that is going to do.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
We all know why Arizona's covid numbers are going through the roof. They never followed any real protocol to begin with. Their residents all thought they were the exception.

Next up? Las Vegas area.

mexicoruss
Explorer
Explorer
Call the plan goofy if you want. We have been on severe lockdown since March 17th. I am talking one person to a car which just changed to two to a car one in front one in back. One person per cart at the grocery store. Mask are mandatory outside of your property, you cannot go into to any business if you don't wear a mask....guess what it has been difficult, it is stressful. To call the reopening plan goofy just shows your lack of knowledge or care in the matter. If the beach is opened up for the tourist....then the vendors come....lots of interaction it has nothing to do with sea water it has to do with crowd control. While cases of Covid are soaring in Arizona cases in Penasco are almost nothing, I believe we have had 12 cumulative cases in the last 3 months and 1 death from Covid. The actions the city took from the beginning were harsh to the extreme and it appears that their decisions have worked so far to contain this never seen before threat. I for one am not ready to allow any visitors in from the North they will certainly bring the disease with them. I personally don't see tourist coming back in any meaningful numbers until September - October and that is fine for this 60 year old tour guide.
Russ Black
011-521-638-113-4591 Cell Phone
Puerto Penasco, Sonora

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Good to hear from an expert disagreeing with a health boardโ€™s plan. Your qualifications are?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Talleyho69
Wow. Hopefully part of the unclear points were do to a translator program.

At least there are dates in sight and people may get to start eating again soon.

Here in Zihuatanejo all we know so far is that our "reopening" will be discussed again on June 30.