Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Who's hitting the road this summer?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Who's hitting the road this summer?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next
Kayteg1

California > Nevada

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/20 06:43pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah. Fuel prices stay pretty low, what should be even more tempting.
I still can get diesel for $2.04 on my way to the lake.
Gasoline (for the boat) is only 1 cent higher.

silverbullet555

Boise

View Profile

Posted: 07/22/20 10:13pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Loading up for a week long trip. Taking the camper for convenience and in case we want to extend the trip. Got the swaybar on the truck, rotated the tires and greased the spare tire cable.

James
2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Classic Crew Cab 4wd 6.5' bed
1995 Northland Grizzly 860 camper
2002 Cobalt 226

Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/20 12:58am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

^Sweet! Safe travels.
Enjoying your beautiful state right now. At Pend Oreille !

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

K Mac

Lower Hudson Valley N.Y.

View Profile

Posted: 07/23/20 10:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We're on A.I in Md. and found out that N.Y. (home) just put Md. & De. on the naughty list,(31 states) This means that DW will have to quarantine at home for two weeks (state mandate) when we get back home from her job, which she only went back to two weeks ago, myself also will be required to quarantine. This was third trip this year with two cancelled (Md. and Me). We don't go out, cook everything in TC even avoid the public restrooms. We were hit hard in lower NY by this covid 19, somedays losing 700-800 people a day in our area. Almost everyone we know has lost someone be it family, co-workers, friends. As we traveled to the mid Atlantic, and the heartland states it seems to DW and myself than people are not as cautious as our area is about the pandemic. I am not knocking anyone or any area, but as it has shown this epidemic is not going away anytime soon. Please be careful as you enjoy our little world in TC land. Keep camping and enjoying the freedom that our TC's allow us to go anywhere, anytime. Have fun and be safe everyone.

stumper92

Virginia

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/27/20 06:07pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We are loading up and heading out Friday to visit family in southeast Kentucky and then wandering around in the Smokies for a week. No solid plans. Just going to wing it like we like to do.

ferndaleflyer

everywhere

View Profile

Posted: 07/27/20 06:47pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Loaded. Be back here in 2 weeks good lord willing. Everyone be safe

hotjag1

Lake Chelan, Wa/Lake Havasu, Az.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/27/20 11:41pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

We have taken about 4 separate trips this summer into north east WA and also Idaho and Montana. We usually boondock or stay in forest service campgrounds so we are not really close by anyone else unless we want to chat with someone in a nearby campsite. We never use public restrooms as that is one of the main reasons we have a motorhome. We are heading into northern WA in a couple of days, so need to pack the motorhome tomorrow[emoticon]

hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 07/28/20 07:07am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Between working full time during the week, I have been able to fill the last three weekends getting away. These trips take me away from dense population centers where I live and work.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

specta

utah

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/20 07:44pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

[image]

I'm getting ready to head out Sunday morning. All I have left to do is load the ATV.

We have two campgrounds here in the park, its a State Park.

Travel trailers rule without question. Cs next followed by MH, Bs and then campers.

If you don't want to get sick, either wear a N95 mask or stay home. I'm going camping. [emoticon]

Kenny
2011 Chevy 2500 HD 6.0L 4wd
Regular cab. The best looking trucks.
1995 Lance 945 Onan QG 2500 LP
6580 lb truck 10540 fully loaded

Geo*Boy

Unknown

View Profile

Posted: 08/14/20 09:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I wish more people would stay in theIr home state and explore It. In my state there are so many out of staters that it is hard for us to spend time in our Adirondack Park.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 8  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Who's hitting the road this summer?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.