cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which cell phone provider do you use in the US?

someuser001
Explorer
Explorer
We have t-mobile but their coverage is pretty spotty. Now that we just got an RV, trying to figure out whether we should be getting Verizon or ATT.

any recommendations for the remote spots?
20 REPLIES 20

GunnyJ
Explorer
Explorer
US Cellular works for me
GUNNY J
LYNDA & Our German Shepherd Dog Rocky .
2020 Northern Lite 10-2 EXCD Wet
2004 DODGE RAM 3500 4X4 SRW
If you don't stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them!

campigloo
Explorer
Explorer
Verizon.
Iโ€™ve talked to people in cities with at&t and have had dropped calls and signals breaking up. Verizon works well for us in 49 states and 4 Canadian provinces; cities and backcountry.

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Years ago there was a big difference. Verizon had much better coverage in national parks and remote areas.

DouglasC
Explorer
Explorer
Verizon
Doug
2006 Jayco Greyhawk Model 27DS
Towing 2019 Ford Fusion Energi with Brake Buddy

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Verizon.
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
We have hotspots with both AT&T and Verizon and one or the other has worked well for us everywhere we've been, mostly east of the Mississippi. Both work almost everywhere we've been, but one is almost always stronger than the other.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
In the NY Adirondacks, Verizon has the best coverage.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
monkey44 wrote:
T-mobile ? Spotty ? We took a CC trip from Florida to the Rockies last year and never had a problem. We had phone AND hotspot nearly the entire trip unless we went way off civilized areas, like in the back-country. We have T-Mobile.

We drive from north of Seattle-Oregon-Northern California-Southern California-Arizona and back every winter. we have T-mobile 55+ plan and we rarely have any problems with signals. we also use the phones for hotspots.
Ditto on the only bad places are back country/isolated areas.

would Verizon be better, maybe some but they can't match our $60 taxes included monthly bill. if they ever did, i might just switch to Verizon. but the slightly better coverage isn't worth paying twice as much.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
our truck has ATT, our phones are verizon. In general verizon has better coverage, but there are places where NEITHER gives us service, and others where one or the other gives us coverage. In most cases both give coverage.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

memtb
Explorer
Explorer
Verizon! memtb
Todd & Marianne
Miniature Schnauzer's - Sundai, Nellie & Maggie Mae
2007 Dodge Ram 3500, 6.7 Cummins, 6 speed manual, 3.73 ratio, 4x4
2004 Teton Grand Freedom, 39'
2007 Bigfoot 30MH26Sl

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
I carry both AT&T & Verizon phones & cell modems. While in the past Verizon was definitely better for coverage away from cities & main roads, over the last couple of years AT&T has caught up. The only differences I've found is which one is covering some rural areas. Sometimes it is Verizon, other times AT&T.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Verizon has worked for us from New Brunswick to the Nevada/Arizona/California area with no problems

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
At One Time Verizon was #1 in the coverage Department but NOT 100%
AT&T #2 and T-Mobile #3 and Sprint.. forget about it.

Today.. If you have T-Mobile I'd check. my older T-mobile phones would Roam on AT&T and some other companies. but my new one lists Verizon as the alternate tower so you need to check with Tech Support to see who the alternate towers are.

I recently reviewed a SPRINT coverage map and was .. Rather impressed.

It seems that the big 4 (Verizon AT&T T-Mobile Sprint) are now all nearly the same in terms of total coverage but as I said NOBODY is 100% With the possiblity of some sat-phone outfits you really do not want to price.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Verizon

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker