cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Class C’s with lots of windows

DesertHiker
Explorer
Explorer
I am searching for a small Class C, 21-24 feet ideally, and am having a hard time finding one with lots of windows! I really want a picture window on the same side as the door. I have had four trailers and one other motorhome, and never ran into this problem before. What makes/models do you suggest I explore? I am open to new or used. I just visited a lovely clean Minnie Winnie with only 15k miles and you couldn’t see anything out of the door side, so I passed on it. Ideas?

DesertHiker
DesertHiker
home base is Bend, Oregon
20 REPLIES 20

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
OP, on the brands you are looking at, make sure you consider the amount of outside storage. You need to have outside storage compartments large enough to carry what you will be carrying.

DesertHiker
Explorer
Explorer
Ah yes, but after four trailers and one small motorhome without this problem,I knew I could prevail! Found a Leprechaun on my first foray out that met the bill beautifully. I need to be able to paint from the dinette if the weather isn’t cooperating.
DesertHiker

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
As a practical matter, small RV's have smaller real estate available for windows. Take the surface area of a small RV and start subtracting for bathrooms, storage, refrigerators, beds, dinette, sink cabinets, overhead storage bins, stove, door, structural framing, etc and you end up with not that much space for windows.

At times, the amount of window square footage really isn't as critical as the amount of light coming in or the view itself. A smaller window overlooking the river, mountain and tress is more fulfilling than a large picture window looking out at someones black tank hose and RV side.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
In the 21-24 foot lengths, the only way I know of to have big windows on both sides of the living room, is to have a couch on one side and a dinette on the other side, keeping in-mind that your permanent bed is the cab-over bunk. For many of us older folks, we need to sleep on the main floor. In a 21-24 foot length, that means the need to convert the living room into a bedroom (then back again) daily.....or live in a bedroom as we did with our first motor home which was not good.

We replaced that rig with our current one SEEN HERE which measures 23'-8" long end-to-end, a B+ with a permanent main floor double bed. We don't have a slide out so the driver-side has a nice size window. The passenger side does not. As others have mentioned, we open the door often to get the open-feel.

Having the extra captain seat is a reasonable compromise instead a couch to keep the rig short. We could have paid more for a window by that captain seat, but the seat itself would have covered it. Here is a stock photo of what it might have looked like, but this has the uncomfortable low back barrel seat that we replaced with the comfortable captain seat.

DesertHiker
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I do appreciate your encouragement! First morning out and I found and bought an RV that met all my criteria .... a 2018 Leprechaun! How great!
DesertHiker

DesertHiker
Explorer
Explorer
IAMICHABOD wrote:
DesertHiker wrote:
These are great suggestions!
p.s. Can someone teach me how to reply to a message right in the forum. I find instructions for how to post a private message, but not how to say "thanks" to individual postings. Which is why you are receiving this mass-thank-you!

DesertHiker

Just hit quote on the Post that you want to say thanks to then thank them
As I have done here.

Ah, quote. Not the most Intuituve! Silly me, I was looking for “reply”! Thank you!
DesertHiker

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I will attempt to explain, I may not be the best teacher so bear with me.

If you wanted to reply something that someone posted specifically, you could click 'Quote'
located on top of the posted msg. Link/Quote/Print/Notify Moderator/
a copy of that post will appear and you reply to it specifically.

You could also highlight part of what was posted and 'copy' it then use the 'Reply to Topic' once you do that you can paste the copied portion of the quote by using the icons with the quotation marks. typing in the poster tag/name is optional. Most people are not that old that we can't remember what we just said although our wives or partners will probably disagree with that.

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
DesertHiker wrote:
These are great suggestions!
p.s. Can someone teach me how to reply to a message right in the forum. I find instructions for how to post a private message, but not how to say "thanks" to individual postings. Which is why you are receiving this mass-thank-you!

DesertHiker

Just hit quote on the Post that you want to say thanks to then thank them
As I have done here.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

DesertHiker
Explorer
Explorer
These are great suggestions! I am encouraged .. I am particularly intrigued by the BT Cruisers and the Lazy Daze. At least I know there are possibilities. Yes, I want a dinette or a couch on the same side as the door and I am a happy camper!

Being hot is a non-issue for me. In 34 years of RV camping, I think I have used the air conditioner maybe twice. A few other times to clear moisture out.

OK, I need to go check out Itasca now.

Thanks!
DesertHiker

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
I believe Lazy Daze motor homes tend to have bigger windows than most; however, their windows are very darkly tinted which seriously negates their size in my opinion.

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
We just leave the door open most of the time and have the screen door closed. I have 1/8" clear acrylic sheet covering the screen door. It's attached with velcro so I can easlily remove it but I almost never do. It makes the screen door into a storm door. I just leave the door open and the screen closed and run the heat or A/C as desired.

PSW
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at the BT Cruisers. We had a 5230 BT Cruiser years ago and they still make the same floor plan. You can substitute one of the couches for a dinette. We had the twin couch model with slide and enjoyed the big windows over the couches. Nice kitchen and bath for a small coach.

https://www.gulfstreamcoach.com/products/motorhomes/btcruiser
PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dusty R wrote:
We had an 01 Itasca 24 V that had the dinette in the back right corner and had a nice window on both the side and rear.

There is one from Canada much like that,rear dinette with windows all around.

Adventurer 19RD scroll thru the pictures,they were made for the rental market in Canada but MFG in the USA,one of our members here on the Rental Thread bought one and brought it back to the US.
Buying A Rental Class C

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
As already mentioned finding a small RV with a lot of windows may be a chore. To do that you have to find one that has a dinette curbside and a couch across from it or the other way around,my old Class A was that way,large windows on both sides.

One good example is the Lazy Daze24 expensive but worth the cost.

If you want to go larger another example at a much better price with the same configuration.just reversed, you might look at the Rental Market.

The Majestic 28A would be one.
Buying A Rental Class C