cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toilet Bowl Leak

BigDaddy1951
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 Winnebago Voyage with an Aqua Magic Style Plus (I think) with ceramic bowl and foot flush. I have an odd thing happening. I monitor the city water supply and limit it to 50 psi. In that configuration everything is fine. When we run on the onboard pump when traveling, the bowl sprayer leaks into the bowl. In a few hours it will fill the bowl half full. Pressure from the pump seems normal, which seems about 35-40 psi. I can hear the pump briefly cycle every 4-5 minutes. I have checked all the other water outlets. Any suggestions are appreciated. We just turn the pump off now, but I still would like to know whatโ€™s going on.
8 REPLIES 8

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
We've been using our Aqua Magic Style Plus toilet since 2008. When we bought our current motorhome we even moved it from the old one along with all our other stuff. In all that time, the only repair part it's needed was a couple of new easily installed flush ball seals. I have lubed the flush/fill linkage at the back periodically as I described above as well. Oh, and I replaced the water saver spray head once because I was too lazy to soak it in vinegar to clean out the mineral build up.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Jack_Spratt
Explorer
Explorer
Edd505 wrote:
BigDaddy1951 wrote:
Thx guys. We get home tomorrow and I know what my next DIY project will be!

Put in a Dometic 310 and you will never go back the the Tetford. While replacing put in a supply line shut off.

My suggestion also.
And of course now that I have a shut off valve Iโ€™ve never needed it.
But thatโ€™s a good thing.
Leprechaun 260 DSF
2017 Big Horn FL3750

'10 Yellow Lab to keep us on our toes.

BigDaddy1951
Explorer
Explorer
It is the bowl flush controlled by the foot flush. Thx

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
When you said, "bowl sprayer", do you mean the flush water from the bowl rim or the hand held water saver sprayer. Since the water saver sprayer hangs on the wall and has a standard kitchen faucet spray head, I took it to mean the bowl flush water that's controlled by the flush water valve.
Dutch

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
BigDaddy1951 wrote:

Put in a Dometic 310 and you will never go back the the Tetford. While replacing put in a supply line shut off.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

BigDaddy1951
Explorer
Explorer

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
just take the sprayer apart, or at lease ours you can, and check the o-rings. Clean/replace and re-lube using water grease. On ours the head can be tighten down also.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
I suspect the flush water valve is not fully sealing until the higher pressure seats it. Lubricating the linkage and rotating parts may fix it. I use a small amount of Vaseline applied with a q-tip. A hand mirror can be useful for seeing what you're doing after the decorative base cover is removed.
Dutch