Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Towing: CAT Scale results - advice needed
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Towing

Open Roads Forum  >  Towing

> CAT Scale results - advice needed

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
Grit dog

Black Diamond, WA

View Profile

Posted: 06/17/20 11:00am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Hannibal, hush your mouth!! Lol
You’re going against the RVers creed that any travel trailer towed by anything needs a wdh and sway control to protect from zombies and the boogeyman! (That’s the only reason I can surmise anyway, or that many RVers are inexperienced and believe everything they hear...)

"Yes Sir, Oct 10 1888, Those poor school children froze to death in their tracks. They did not even find them until Spring. Especially hard hit were the ones who had to trek uphill to school both ways, with no shoes." -Bert A.

Andrewmart

Texas

View Profile

Posted: 06/27/20 05:52pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry for the delay in responding. Lots of changes in our family (for the good).

Grit dog, sorry I missed your post earlier. I did not like how the TT was towing. That’s what made me question my setup, hitch, TV, etc. I’ve learned a lot from all of ya’ll here. It’s very much appreciated for a newb.

To update, I got a 2015 F250 gasser w/ 8 foot bed. Picked it up last Friday and got it all set up with the Propride hitch etc. Man, what a difference in towing. It was night and day. Took it for a trip this week, and it towed flawless. Not much tug/pull going on, and semis passed me with no movement. The new vehicle also helped w/ my peace of mind, and I was much less stressed driving. This tow was mostly single lane roads with lots of hills so I was averaging about 55-60. We leave soon for a beach trip where it will be all highway miles. I’ll have a better feel of how it travels going 60-65 but I’m not anxious (like I was before).

I’ve also shifted weight around in the TT to reduce hitch weight. The major things I did was moving propane tanks to rear axle when travel and putting all our clothes and ice chest in TT too. I will take it to a CAT scale soon to get actual numbers, but it’ll only be semi accurate. CAT scale trips are usually just me. It’s hard to get the entire family and TT loaded for a CAT scale trip.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Towing

> CAT Scale results - advice needed
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Towing

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.