Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Truck Campers: Weatherproofing 04 Bigfoot
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Weatherproofing 04 Bigfoot

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev
Bert the Welder

Van. Island

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/20 04:36pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Not claiming to know jack sh** about much, so chime in those in the know about these seams. But I through this out there as a "in case know one else mentions it" sorta thing....But for a long roof seam, but joint of two sheets, what about A wide strip of Eternabond tape?

"> 1998 GMC 2500, 10.5 Okanagan, My better/smarter half, George and Finnegan(APBT), all I need.

Geo*Boy

Unknown

View Profile

Posted: 07/05/20 07:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bill, use this for those roof seams, http://www.eternabond.com/EternaSeam-p/eternaseam.htm

Bert the Welder

Van. Island

View Profile

Posted: 07/06/20 05:48pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

And as an aside....I have to thank you for mentioning Bigfoot. I thought they were long dead. Looked them up and they are making some really nice units. The lay out of the 10.6e is very close to our Okanagan which we love, save for lack of leg room on the "throne" which the BF has much more of.

BigfootBill

Central NY

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/20 11:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the suggestion of eternabond. I have seen it floated around as a solution for sealing up roof penetrations and it would make even more sense for the straight joint as Bert is suggesting. As everything else on this camper is pristine, I am trying to avoid putting tape on it. I may be the only one that knows but it would bother me nonetheless. I am going to use it as-is for now and once it is parked for the winter, will pull off the joint cover and see what I find and go from there.

2008 Ram 3500
2004 Bigfoot 10.11

Bert the Welder

Van. Island

View Profile

Posted: 07/08/20 05:55pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

BigfootBill wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion of eternabond. I have seen it floated around as a solution for sealing up roof penetrations and it would make even more sense for the straight joint as Bert is suggesting. As everything else on this camper is pristine, I am trying to avoid putting tape on it. I may be the only one that knows but it would bother me nonetheless. I am going to use it as-is for now and once it is parked for the winter, will pull off the joint cover and see what I find and go from there.

Just don't think of it as just "tape". I a seller told me they taped the seems right from new to avoid problems with the just slap'm together factory seems, I'd know I was talking to a thinking man/woman.
After getting my TC used, first rain the leaky skylight appeared. I pulled all the Dicor (f'ing pain in the A) Re Dicor'd and once set, 6" Eternabond taped all the protrusions. Why mess around. Belt and braces.
[emoticon]

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> Weatherproofing 04 Bigfoot
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.