cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cybertruck has 400 horses

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
And that's just the single motor. 400 horses. right there on the starting line -- unlike ICE had to be revved up to the max get that top horsepower rating.

Then 16 inches of ground clearance.

This bad boy can climb walls.

Bad Boy Cybertruck
141 REPLIES 141

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Looks like some thought going into Cybertruck and towing access in future Superchargers.

https://electrek.co/2020/09/24/tesla-cybertruck-supercharger-stalls/

Access, availability and quick turn around are current challenges to Tesla owners.

Cybertruck specifically need these specially the space if they are towing a trailer. I wonder though because semis can be sharing the same if Cybertruck is towing.

My son-in-law and family choose to bring the Range Rover in their 15-hour trip to Yellowstone for this reasons.

So, I’m not an expert but as far as I know Tesla doesn’t intend to make Superchargers available to semis. No room and too slow. Although the test mules are using them now the reality is they are limited to 250 KW and a semi would probably want to have at least double that using multiple liquid cooled connectors. At least that is the general speculation.

Depending on the age of your daughters model X it is possibly limited in charging rates as the older model X and S were limited that way.

Also. Most new stations going in now are V3 at 250 KW. Many older sites are still V2 at 150 KW.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
Looks like some thought going into Cybertruck and towing access in future Superchargers.

Access, availability and quick turn around are current challenges to Tesla owners.

Cybertruck specifically need these specially the space if they are towing a trailer. I wonder though because semis can be sharing the same if Cybertruck is towing.

My son-in-law and family choose to bring the Range Rover in their 15-hour trip to Yellowstone for this reasons.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
Good morning. Autopilot comes with every Tesla sold. It is not an option. Autopilot is a combination of traffic aware cruise control (TACC) and Autosteer or as some manufacturers call it “lane keeping”. It will keep its distance from the vehicle in front of you and steer your car on roads and highways as long as there are lines. Not useable in cities yet.

FSD is full self drive. It will do everything that autopilot does plus things like

- Stop at stop signs, crosswalks with lights, stop lights etc.
- Navigate on autopilot. Essentially you tell it an address and it will take you there. Eg. It will make all the interchange turns and exits needed for you. It will automatically pass slower vehicles on multi lane highways etc. It will auto park. You can summon it. Etc etc. It does not make turns in cities yet. My experience has been mostly good with it. I don’t trust summon. Too gimmicky for me. I don’t use auto park so can’t really comment. Does a nice job with exits and merges etc but it takes some getting used to. I still get some phantom braking going under overpasses with shadows etc. Nothing serious. Autopilot is useful, FSD not as much.

Tesla’s website gives a better description than mine.

Again. Autopilot comes with the car. FSD costs money and there are two different levels of purchase.

And just to add to above, the only Tesla that doesn’t come with Autopilot is the 35000 Unicorn car. It has just straight old dumb cruise control. Which is why most people spend the extra 3000 bucks for the standard range plus model. SR plus. The Unicorn car for 35000 has to be ordered off menu with a purchase agent. There are a few around here. People buy them as city cars etc. Still nice but not the fancy stereo and and a little less range etc.

Hope that helps.

Thanks! Again.

Very useful. I am in fact forwarding this to my daughter.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Good morning. Autopilot comes with every Tesla sold. It is not an option. Autopilot is a combination of traffic aware cruise control (TACC) and Autosteer or as some manufacturers call it “lane keeping”. It will keep its distance from the vehicle in front of you and steer your car on roads and highways as long as there are lines. Not useable in cities yet.

FSD is full self drive. It will do everything that autopilot does plus things like

- Stop at stop signs, crosswalks with lights, stop lights etc.
- Navigate on autopilot. Essentially you tell it an address and it will take you there. Eg. It will make all the interchange turns and exits needed for you. It will automatically pass slower vehicles on multi lane highways etc. It will auto park. You can summon it. Etc etc. It does not make turns in cities yet. My experience has been mostly good with it. I don’t trust summon. Too gimmicky for me. I don’t use auto park so can’t really comment. Does a nice job with exits and merges etc but it takes some getting used to. I still get some phantom braking going under overpasses with shadows etc. Nothing serious. Autopilot is useful, FSD not as much.

Tesla’s website gives a better description than mine.

Again. Autopilot comes with the car. FSD costs money and there are two different levels of purchase.

And just to add to above, the only Tesla that doesn’t come with Autopilot is the 35000 Unicorn car. It has just straight old dumb cruise control. Which is why most people spend the extra 3000 bucks for the standard range plus model. SR plus. The Unicorn car for 35000 has to be ordered off menu with a purchase agent. There are a few around here. People buy them as city cars etc. Still nice but not the fancy stereo and and a little less range etc.

Hope that helps.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Sam. I'm continuing to do research on the whole towing a trailer behind our TesLa. Just watched a video that confirms no Autopilot when trailer mode selected on a model X. Suspect it will be the same on the cybertruck. You can still select TACC (traffic aware cruise control) which is essentially autopilot without autosteer. In my mind this makes logical sense.

Just a heads up.

Cheers.

Thanks. again @Reisende.

Understood. Kind of logical for me too since it will be tons of programming work, and maybe extra sensor extension to the trailer, for FSD to include it in. the maneuvering.

Just read possibility or estimated drop out rate for those who reserved the Cybertruck. So I. might get my unit on Production + Day 1, LOL.:p;)

Woohoo. On the other hand it may force our decision earlier than we want. We’ll see.

Looks like even earlier.

Latest is Tesla is moving up production to May 2021.
. That kicks it up a notch. Trying to beat ford and Rivian to market?

Non-compete really if they can't meet and match Tesla's price point.

True. And just a heads up. Last nights software update has a couple new things.

Speed limit sign recognition on autopilot
You get a reminder bing when you are sitting at a stoplight and it turns green.
Warning tones if you are going to run a stop light or stop sign.

A few other minor things security related.

Software updates every two weeks now. Not sure what’s happening. Used to be about once per month.

Cheers.

Way cool! Still thinking whether it's worth the $7K, lol.

I hear ya. That 7K is for FSD. Autopilot is standard on all Tesla’s except the 35000 dollar SR. Some of these updates are included in basic Autopilot.

My daughter is not even using autopilot in her Tesla X although she is complaining that her foot is beginning to hurt because it has always have to be depressing the pedal.

What's the difference between it and the FSD?

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Sam. I'm continuing to do research on the whole towing a trailer behind our TesLa. Just watched a video that confirms no Autopilot when trailer mode selected on a model X. Suspect it will be the same on the cybertruck. You can still select TACC (traffic aware cruise control) which is essentially autopilot without autosteer. In my mind this makes logical sense.

Just a heads up.

Cheers.

Thanks. again @Reisende.

Understood. Kind of logical for me too since it will be tons of programming work, and maybe extra sensor extension to the trailer, for FSD to include it in. the maneuvering.

Just read possibility or estimated drop out rate for those who reserved the Cybertruck. So I. might get my unit on Production + Day 1, LOL.:p;)

Woohoo. On the other hand it may force our decision earlier than we want. We’ll see.

Looks like even earlier.

Software updates every two weeks now. Not sure what’s happening. Used to be about once per month.

Cheers.

I hear ya. That 7K is for FSD. Autopilot is standard on all Tesla’s except the 35000 dollar SR. Some of these updates are included in basic Autopilot.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:

Just a heads up.

Cheers.

Thanks. again @Reisende.

Looks like even earlier.

Cheers.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:

Just a heads up.

Cheers.

Thanks. again @Reisende.

Looks like even earlier.

Cheers.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:

Just a heads up.

Cheers.

Thanks. again @Reisende.

Looks like even earlier.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:

Just a heads up.

Cheers.

Thanks. again @Reisende.

Looks like even earlier.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:

Just a heads up.

Cheers.

Thanks. again @Reisende.

Looks like even earlier.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
Reisender wrote:

Just a heads up.

Cheers.

Thanks. again @Reisende.

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:

Just a heads up.

Cheers.

Thanks. again @Reisende.