Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Tow Vehicles: Cybertruck has 400 horses
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Cybertruck has 400 horses

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next
noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/20 01:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Electric canal boats:

Electric canal boats in the UK.

The charging infrastructure has been there many years in that area.

noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/20 01:20pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

TFL Truck testing the 7.3 Ford gasohol V8 / 10 spd / 4.30 ratio in Loveland Pass with 18,000lbs trailer. aka THE IKE GAUNTLET OMG!

Anyways the grade pulling fuel economy should give a person range anxiety - dividing what they got into what a 40gal tank...

7.3 Ford gasohol V8 - 18,000 trailer

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/20 02:21pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

noteven wrote:

Electric canal boats:

Electric canal boats in the UK.

The charging infrastructure has been there many years in that area.

Vigor is making/retrofitting hybrid ferries for WA state which may eventually turn to fully electric.

https://vigor.net/news-press/vigor-taps-........-ferries-move-toward-zero-emission-fleet

There are smaller passenger ferries running that are fully electric and the Danes have put the first small vehicle ferry into use.

https://cleantechnica.com/2019/11/28/ell........quivalent-to-50-tesla-model-s-batteries/

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/20 08:17am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Interesting article in Electrek on the Cybertruck.

https://electrek.co/2020/08/03/tesla-cybertruck-elon-musk-kick-most-ass/

stsmark

Northern CA

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/20 09:23am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Cybertruck versus Rubicon or Fordyce Creek trails would be interesting to watch.

Reisender

NA

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/20 09:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stsmark wrote:

Cybertruck versus Rubicon or Fordyce Creek trails would be interesting to watch.

I’m not in the know much on extreme 4 x 4 Ing. I think it’s kinda cool watching the you tube videos though. First impressions are it would be a pretty big vehicle for those applications. Cybertruck are the size of a F150 with 6.5 box. Too big????

We use to have a wrangler. It was small and could get into some crazy places.

ShinerBock

SATX

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/20 10:16am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

stsmark wrote:

That would be like comparing my 8,000 lb Ram 2500 CTD to my 4,500 lb Jeep JK Rubicon. The Cybertruck would not stand a chance in most off road situations just like my Ram would not versus my JK. Too heavy and too big.

time2roll

Southern California

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/20 11:44am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I agree that I would want a CyberJeep type vehicle for actual off road adventure.

I still want to read some reports on how the electronic balancing of torque and wheel speed actually performs off road. Basic sand, snow, mud is fine but climbing a dry riverbed or such is a bit more challenging.

Also curious how the air suspension will adjust to the terrain vs a modified Jeep.

2001 F150 SuperCrew
2006 Keystone Springdale 249FWBHLS
675w Solar pictures back up

Yosemite Sam1

Under the pines.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 08/03/20 01:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Reisender wrote:

Interesting article in Electrek on the Cybertruck.

https://electrek.co/2020/08/03/tesla-cybertruck-elon-musk-kick-most-ass/

Interesting!

I am way past off roading and except when having doing extreme part of it in my farm when the steep non-road turn into snoot of mud, I just want to have my Cybertruck not being stuck or not careening off the snow and ice on the road while pulling my RV.

I'll be interested to know however how those more adventurous guys try it in Moab.

It will always be on a disadvantage with each long wheelbase. However, it will be ahead in power and torque with anyone with zero mods.

stsmark

Northern CA

View Profile

Posted: 08/03/20 01:42pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I should have explained myself better, my comment was based on this quote from the article;

“We want it to be something you could use to tow a boat, a horse trailer, pull tree stumps out of the ground, go off-roading and you don’t have to worry about scratching the paint because there is no paint. You could just be smashing boulders and be fine.“

Having a heavy off road background I found that statement a bit funny. I do wonder how the pack protection will be accomplished.

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 15  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Tow Vehicles

> Cybertruck has 400 horses
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tow Vehicles

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.