cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Power Cord/Surge Protector

Riley01
Explorer
Explorer
I'm picking up a new AF 1150 in a couple of days. Do new campers come with a power cord and can you suggest a surge protector?

Thanks,
Rick
2019 Ram 3500 CC/8' bed/DRW/4WD/factory air leveling
CTD HO/Aisin/4:10/max tow package
5 REPLIES 5

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
Riley01 wrote:
I'm picking up a new AF 1150 in a couple of days. Do new campers come with a power cord and can you suggest a surge protector?

Thanks,
Rick

https://www.technorv.com/articles/do-you-need-an-rv-surge-protector/

https://rvmentor.com/2019/11/24/ems-vs-surge-suppressor/?fbclid=IwAR3yx1bcMOia0kJcJsOT-fPluEY-jPUA-rmNUwmN0s6qLo0_1M3_i4tQ-P0
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
don't get the $100 cheapie, spring for one $250 or up.
bumpy

mike_kellie
Explorer II
Explorer II
You should get a 30 amp cord from the manufacturer or dealer about 25' long either wired direct with the male end pulling out of a storage area or a separate cord that you would store.

DarkSkySeeker, you're in the neighborhood. We're in Forestville.
2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Consider an autoformer with surge protection.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
Riley01 wrote:

I doubt you'll get a free power cord. Now that you have the rig, you'll have the joy of buying accessories for it.
There is something special about camping in an RV.