cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What's with Ford and TFL?

Flashman
Explorer
Explorer
Ford canceled TFLs ticket to their new truck roll out.
22 REPLIES 22

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
LanceRKeys wrote:
Unless they already have a fifth wheel hitch or gooseneck, renting doesnโ€™t do me much good. If I had a bumper pull, I would jump on that for sure!

From your previous post, you have a 5ver and thinking about a 6.2 Ford.
It will pull about the same as any gasser. Only thing conflicting is peopleโ€™s personal opinions. None are heads n tails over the other, but the best combo of power, number of gears and final drove ratio wins. Although the spread from first to last is pretty small.

If your worried one model will barely do what you want and the other wonโ€™t, youโ€™re cutting it too close anyway and go get an oil burner.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
LanceRKeys wrote:
I actually like their videos. Sometimes they are better if you mute them.

I really wish you could rent a truck and pull your trailer with it so you can see how it does with your driving style. I am thinking about buying a 6.2 ford (used), but I read a lot of conflicting reports on how well they tow.

You could rent one from an Equipment rental outfit like Herc or United.

LanceRKeys
Explorer
Explorer
Unless they already have a fifth wheel hitch or gooseneck, renting doesnโ€™t do me much good. If I had a bumper pull, I would jump on that for sure!

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
LanceRKeys wrote:

I really wish you could rent a truck and pull your trailer with it so you can see how it does with your driving style. I am thinking about buying a 6.2 ford (used), but I read a lot of conflicting reports on how well they tow.

I really want to test drive the Ram and Chevy 2500 gassers with my camper. I have noticed a bunch of Rams from the Hertz fleet for sale this week, so maybe you can rent them.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
specta wrote:
pnichols wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
We we all know Ford is 'First On Race Day' so no need to test them anyways. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hmmm ... I wonder what "G" "M" "C" (really) stands for on the front of my 1995 EC Z71 4X4? :B

Get a Mechanic Coming ๐Ÿ˜‰

Not yet so far ... but I've only owned it for 23 years. :B
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

specta
Explorer
Explorer
pnichols wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
We we all know Ford is 'First On Race Day' so no need to test them anyways. ๐Ÿ™‚

Hmmm ... I wonder what "G" "M" "C" (really) stands for on the front of my 1995 EC Z71 4X4? :B

Get a Mechanic Coming ๐Ÿ˜‰
Kenny
1996 Jayco 376FB Eagle Series TT
1997 Jayco 246FB Eagle Series TT
1976 Ford F-250 4wd Mercury Marauder 410 - 4V
Regular cabs. The best looking trucks.

LanceRKeys
Explorer
Explorer

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
goducks10 wrote:

Or maybe Ford quit picking up the tab for the tow truck charges on Westbound I70.....

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
IdaD wrote:
Will this mean a 30% reduction in videos of fat guys towing up a grade?

I am okay with that.

ROFLMAO!!!!
I didnโ€™t know this breaking news until I read this thread, but I figured Ford quit paying them to say nice things about Fords, and they have enough restraint to not talk bad about losers so the quit testing them!

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
goducks10 wrote:

2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
Will this mean a 30% reduction in videos of fat guys towing up a grade?

I am okay with that.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
Flashman wrote:
The Fast Lane. A online magazine that tests and compares trucks.

One of the many things I just don't give a hoot about .I cleaned that statement up for you " sensitive " types :B

Flashman
Explorer
Explorer
What - you don't have one?