Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: My (our) Ultimate Truck Camper Body Build
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> My (our) Ultimate Truck Camper Body Build

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next
GoinThisAway

middle TN

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/20/20 12:45pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Now that y'all worked out all the kinks on that one, can I get one in silver [emoticon]

2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

PastorCharlie

NC

View Profile

Posted: 06/20/20 06:59pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Great Work.. professional quality.

Is access to the spare tire blocked by the camper? Will camper have to be removed on side of road to change tire?

RICKIM

The Ocean State

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/20 10:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

PastorCharlie, thank you.
The camper doesn’t have to be removed from the truck, just raised up enough to pull the tire out from in front of the TCs bulkhead.....lets just hope it doesn’t ever come to that.

Rick

2018 AF1140 DB, 2.2KW Honda, 400 watts solar, Trimetric, Lifeline GPL-31XT's,
1KW inverter, rear deck, Turbo/Maxx fans
2019 5500 Ram Crew, DRW, 6.7L-CTD, EB, 19.5s, Custom TC bed, on board air, Bilsteins, Fast-guns, “The Velvet Locomotive”

TCdude

Minneapolis, Mn

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/20 09:05am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Amazing!! I'm currently doing a utility body swap and custom work on my rig. Lots of planning, not enough movement. I dont have the wife buy in that you did so I have to move fast and I'm clogging up the garage good. One of the many items on my list of to-dos is to determine how I will arrange/organize the items in the 6 boxes. for example 1 box is for my batteries, electric upgrades ect, 1 box is for plumming, hoses, RV items, 1 box is for outdoor games/chairs ect, 1 box is being designed as a fold out outdoor kitchen and 1 box of course will be the tool box. Any chance you could give us some pics or description on how your organized your utility box systems. Thanks for your time.

02 GMC 3500 Auto DRW RWD 4.10
2003 Lance 1130 - ROTTEN and Gone
1997 Bigfoot 10.6

zb39

slippery rock

View Profile

Posted: 06/23/20 09:38am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

WOW, That is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NICE WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tiffin Zephyr(sold)
2017 Host mammoth, sold
49 states, 41 National Parks, 7 Provinces
2019 2 door Rubicon 6 spd.
2019 Berkshire XLT 45B

RICKIM

The Ocean State

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/20 11:32am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

zb39, Thank You!

TC dude,
I still have some empty space in some of the boxes, but the ones with stuff in them are:
Curb-side lower front is full slide drawer with air compressor, inverter, everyday usage service tools and drills/chargers.
Six foot top box has 13’ foldable canopy, broom, shovel, ratchet straps/tie-downs and tow straps in the bottom of it and I have empty tray/bins on the six foot shelf above.
Rear curb-side box is camp chairs, stools, tarps, portable folding fire pit and folding tables.
Road side front lower box is stuffed with 4x4 oak pallet wood.
Top two three footers are virtually empty with all storage bins in the bottom of the box, and also on the shelf’s above with the exception of some cleaning supplies, hand rags, gloves and towels.
Rear road side has two shelfs with storage for 18, 1 gallon bottles of drinking water and some room for roughly two cases of wine or some other beverages and of course my 20 ton bottle jacks.
Hope this helps with some storage ideas for you. I’m still in the “moving in” stage and still relocating shelf’s and stuff around.
Good luck,
Rick

Bedlam

PNW

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/20 01:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

My two lower boxes carry battery banks. The two upper boxes on the passenger side carry outdoor kitchen and outdoor furniture. The two upper boxes on the driver side carry RV hookup and wash supplies and tools/maintenance items.

Chevy Sonic 1.8-Honda Passport C70B-Host Mammoth 11.5-Interstate Car Carrier 20-Joyner SandViper 250-Kawasaki Concours ZG1000-Paros 8' flatbed-Pelican Decker DLX 8.75-Ram 5500 HD-Tank Urban Touring 150SE-VW TransBuggy 1200

K Mac

Lower Hudson Valley N.Y.

View Profile

Posted: 06/24/20 06:26pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"WOW" I mean "WOW" super cala fragalistic...... my hats off to Dr.Z,you n Kim. I love seeing great work, skill & planning come all together. I think Kim gets the rest of the room left in boxes, lol.

mike/kellie

northern calif.

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/24/20 09:17pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I have a few cheapo camp chairs for visiting others along with fly rods and kayak paddles in a long and narrow box accessible from the drivers side (9' box with 8' bed) so this cubby is 10" wide and a few feet tall.
Forward box drivers side 3 shelves has leveling blocks, fittings for dumping in a tub, another tub with small tools, ratchet clamps, misc small extra parts and fittings in another tub. Middle box over wheels has an inflatable kayak with pump, life jackets and room for cases of waters. Drivers rear, 2 more 6 volt batteries in series, 120v compressor, water hoses, 30 amp cord, extension cords, surge protector, misc adapters for both water and electrical.
Passenger front box has the spare tire and wheel, bottle jack, lug wrench, breaker bar, tarp, reflectors, saw, shovel, straps, chains and knee pads.
Middle box over wheels has fastguns, extra hitch pins, hitch and all gear for towing the Jeep. Back box has Honda 2000 with a tool box on a shelf.

2015 Host Mammoth triple slide w/ TorkLift Fastguns
2015 Ram 5500 SLT cab & chassis with Douglass 9' utility body

noteven

Turtle Island

View Profile

Posted: 06/25/20 06:29am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

RICKIM wrote:

PastorCharlie, thank you.
The camper doesn’t have to be removed from the truck, just raised up enough to pull the tire out from in front of the TCs bulkhead.....lets just hope it doesn’t ever come to that.

Rick

That is a good looking truck body.

RE: the spare if I tried that yes I would have a flat, slip and fall in the ditch trying to wrassle the spare out, that would be me with the 19.5 track over the face trying to wrassle it up out of the mosquito infested duck pasture...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 5  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Truck Campers

> My (our) Ultimate Truck Camper Body Build
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Truck Campers

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.