cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lay flat hose for macerator

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Any problems using a lay flat hose for a Flojet macerator? I like the space saving but don't know if I'm asking for trouble. I was thinking of a 1" x 50'
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand
7 REPLIES 7

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
hl remington wrote:
I use a 30ft. one in. flat,works fine for me.

What macerator are you using? I need at least 100 to 200 feet of run.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

hl_remington
Explorer
Explorer
I use a 30ft. one in. flat,works fine for me.

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Never thought about pressure. I don't need to create my own problems so I think I will stick with a garden hose. Thanks.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
RobWNY wrote:
The only issue I can think of is because there is no built up pressure in the hose because one end is open and the pump doesn't create much force, the macerator might have to work harder to get the material through the hose. The Flojet has a built in shut off if it gets too hot so you won't hurt it if that ends up being the case.

I was going to get some 1.5" lay flat but the hose store discouraged me for that reason.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
bob213 wrote:
Any problems using a lay flat hose for a Flojet macerator? I like the space saving but don't know if I'm asking for trouble. I was thinking of a 1" x 50'

Juan seemed to have mixed results with one he bought to use with his macerator... the price is right though! $30 bucks for a 60 foot 1 inch hose.

clicky
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
The only issue I can think of is because there is no built up pressure in the hose because one end is open and the pump doesn't create much force, the macerator might have to work harder to get the material through the hose. The Flojet has a built in shut off if it gets too hot so you won't hurt it if that ends up being the case.
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Couldn't find any reference on that, but I can't imagine it would be a big deal as long as the diameter is ok. I love flat hoses, sure beats the other kind.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman