cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leveling the B

Songbirds
Explorer
Explorer
I would love to hear some feedback on Leveling JACKS for a Class B Van.

KNOWN TYPES OF LEVELING JACKSKNOWN TYPES OF LEVELING JACKS

1). There is a manual hard plastic fitting under the tire?

2). Is REAR only leveling JACKS?

3). Auto and NONE auto-leveling Jacks?

4). Electrical 4-point leveling systems?
2021 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van, showing six tires down, 3400XD, V6, 7-Speed Automatic 24FL, 170-WB, 24'-3", Coachmen Galleria w/Li3, "Next ROAD TRIP" to where?
6 REPLIES 6

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
When I had my B (or my truck and truck camper) I just moved it so it was fairly level. I did have the orange Lynx levelers when needed. Had 12 total, so always enough.

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
No need... haven't had to level since I traded in the Class C Libero for a B that had a compressor fridge. I don't even carry the plastic bits anymore. If I can walk around without feeling drunk or don't fall out of the bed, I'm level enough. If I can't I move it a bit.

Auto levelers are too heavy for a Class B anyway.
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
I made my own leveling blocks. I can stack them if carefull. On 2 of them I attached some leftover hard vinyl baseboard. I start driving on the vinyl which then holds the block in place & it won't slip when going on with the rv. Most are 2" x 6" and 1 foot long, but I also have some 1" thick to use as needed. It takes a bit of practice but works for me.

PSW
Explorer
Explorer
Golly, I use mine all the time. We love to boondock and stay in some kind of remote places in National Forests and we carry three sets of the blocks. I suspect it comes down to just where you are using your B.

Dave is spot on. Moving around even a little can make a big difference in level.
PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring

Trekkar
Explorer
Explorer
magicbus wrote:

I carry a set of these with me but I think I've only had to use them once in 3 years and that was in a friend's driveway. Having a B makes it easier to just move the coach until we are level.

Dave

X2. I haven't used my leveling blocks in years.
2014 Dodge Ram 1500
2021 Salem SFX 167RBK

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer

I carry a set of these with me but I think I've only had to use them once in 3 years and that was in a friend's driveway. Having a B makes it easier to just move the coach until we are level.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36