cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing stovetop

soon2bexpat
Explorer
Explorer
I full time and have a Magic Chef stove/oven. Hate the oven and only use my Breville electric toaster oven. So I pulled out the Magic Chef, installed the Breville, and am going to add a new stove top unit.

This unit will fit: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0878WLFTX/?coliid=I1UCS9AXMB3SX4&colid=2VHMZ3X3C4277&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

It looks like a simple install. Just wondering if anyone has an opinion or suggestion before ordering it.
Kodachrome Time Machine, my vintage photo collection from the 1940s to the 1970s: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCff0z54NyAfuAjUST896l6g
5 REPLIES 5

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
That looks pretty good, nice work.

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
When my cooktop started giving me grief I replaced it with a small residential one. The burner tops and grates will dance around on rough roads so I stretch a couple of bungee cords across the top to hold them in place. The original cooktop had the knobs in front so I had to fill the front of the countertop. I made a shallow drawer to fill the gap. As mentioned, the igniters need 120VAC. I have an inverter in my coach so that is not a problem. You can light the burners with a match or lighter. Here's the outcome:
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

DrewE
Explorer
Explorer
I did see that the igniters on it require 120V power to operate. I suspect you likely could use the rangetop when off-grid (and without using an inverter) if you lit them with a match or lighter, but it would be a good idea to verify that. It would be wise to also verify required clearances from walls, etc. as this seems to be a residential rather than an RV cooktop and the spacing needed may be more than you have (or possibly you may need to add a noncombustible barrier such as perhaps a ceramic tile backsplash).

Also being a residential unit, I would expect the grates and perhaps burner units to be quite prone to rattling and jostling loose when on the road. I suppose the rattling is mainly a concern in a motorhome, but coming loose and bonking about the kitchen area is potentially problematic in any RV.

Fisherman
Explorer
Explorer
Well anyone ever run across this fuel? Cut and copied from their info, Gas Type: Natural gas/Unnatural gas

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
soon2bexpat wrote:
I full time and have a Magic Chef stove/oven. Hate the oven and only use my Breville electric toaster oven. So I pulled out the Magic Chef, installed the Breville, and am going to add a new stove top unit.

This unit will fit: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0878WLFTX/?coliid=I1UCS9AXMB3SX4&colid=2VHMZ3X3C4277&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

It looks like a simple install. Just wondering if anyone has an opinion or suggestion before ordering it.

Made your link clickable:

Link

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015