cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Adding privacy curtain

GravelRider
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to add a privacy curtain to my Forest River 22MKSE that will section off the front of the RV (where the bed is) from the rest of the camper.The length, wall-to-wall is 92.5." I'll be installing an I-beam track on the ceiling. I want one long continuous curtain, not two curtains that will meet in the middle. How do I properly size the curtain I'll need? Will a 96" curtain work well? Or would I need a bit longer to allow for some folds/wiggle room? And is there a good source for RV privacy curtains? I've found some on Amazon, and I can basically choose between 96" wide and 108" wide.

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Penny_Rose
Explorer
Explorer
If you'd like a little bit of folds in the curtain when closed, I would recommend to get the wider width curtain. It will look nicer.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just passing along what my trailer uses mounted to the ceiling for my curtains...

One is for going across the whole trailer to make an area private. The other one is to go around the shower-Bath room area...

Seems to work good for us...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

GravelRider
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
how tight to the walls do you need the curtain to be? if you must snug it up to the wall, 96 is too short.I'd add 6-12 inches at least.
bumpy

I would like it snug up to the wall. I guess the 108" length is probably going to be best. Thanks.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
how tight to the walls do you need the curtain to be? if you must snug it up to the wall, 96 is too short.I'd add 6-12 inches at least.
bumpy