cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Front hub on dual RW trucks vs wheel bearings

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Does the extension used on the front wheels of a dually to mount the all position wheel in the negative offset apply any additional forces to the bearings vs a single wheel truck with a more neutral offset?

I am considering converting my F-350 single wheel to a dually...
5 REPLIES 5

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
I figured it would be ok I donโ€™t see the roads littered with dually trucks with the front wheel fallen off...

A local tow operator told me Ford C&C single wheel and dually have same rear axle with an extension kinda like the front. Iโ€™m going to dig around some online parts diagrams ...

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
noteven wrote:
Does the extension used on the front wheels of a dually to mount the all position wheel in the negative offset apply any additional forces to the bearings vs a single wheel truck with a more neutral offset?

I am considering converting my F-350 single wheel to a dually...

No the reason for the extension is to center the wheel over the bearing.

To Ronโ€™s concern, I would agree if standard F350, but as it is a CC, and it can be re-certificate see no reason not to.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

blt2ski
My 89 and 05 had extensions on front axle iirc. My IHC on the other hand, was made for the reverse off set.
I don't personally see an issue with extensions.
Marty
92 Navistar dump truck, 7.3L 7 sp, 4.33 gears with a Detroit no spin
2014 Chevy 1500 Dual cab 4x4
92 Red-e-haul 12K equipment trailer

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Doubt it really makes any difference. BUT you would most likely be better off selling yours and buying a DRW of your choice.

I should have mentioned itโ€™s a cab and chassis truck with aluminum bed etc how I like it I donโ€™t want to sell and buy again.

Ford c&c Trucks use the same rear axle housing/hubs with extensions and longer axles near as I can figure.

A second stage upfitter engineer can re-rate the truck in Canada.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Doubt it really makes any difference. BUT you would most likely be better off selling yours and buying a DRW of your choice.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD