Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground recommendations for the FL panhandle

Tjuice
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,
We are looking to go to the panandle somewhere around Pensecola-Destin-Panama City (flexible). Have never been there, so looking for recommendations from those who have. I'd like to stay near, but not on, a beach, close enough to go back and forth a couple times a day. Would like to camp where it feels like a campground, ie, quiet, shade trees, etc. with full hookups for 40ft 5th wheel. Oh, and we have a dog. And a teenager. Other site-seeing in the area is welcome..
Thanks!
14 REPLIES 14

donut_dave
Explorer
Explorer
I've also been checking out state park campgrounds on the panhandle. if they are anything like Wisconsin state parks:
1. find out the booking window.
2. be on your computer and ready to reserve within 1 second of the window opening.
3. pray (a lot)!

twichers
Explorer
Explorer
3 private RV parks on the sound in Navarre.

Emerald Beach RV Park
Navarre Beach Camping resort
Santa Rosa RV Resort

upwards
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.thehideawayretreat.com/index.html

Drove thru this campground years ago when it was called Magnolia campgrounds I believe, and it was pretty run down or maybe not even open, but beautiful trees. Looks like the new owners have done a great job!!

Braces
Explorer
Explorer
Grayton Beach State Park east of Destin on Hwy 30A

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Camp Gulf in Destin FL! Not cheap but you can have a literal beach front site or just off the beach. These are tight sites, but if you like the sand and water it's perfect.
We are staying around Biloxi MS in 2 weeks. Some nice places right across from the beaches there also.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
I'm there right now spending three nights for $45 with full hookup. I will send you the info by pm tomorrow. ๐Ÿ™‚
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

Bob___Ann
Explorer
Explorer
Juice
I thought that I would list a few that you can look up and check out.
1. Bay Breeze, Gulf Shores - Small on the Bay under very large live oaks. Close to the fort.
2. Gulf Coat State Park, Gulf Shores - Large campground between the beach and the bay.
3. Camping on the Gulf, Destin - On the ocean with some trees
4. Top Sail - Destin - Large State Park with beach access. Large with a good many trees and large sites.
5. Pandian Ridge, Gulf Shores - Large, no trees very popular.
Just a few to check out
Bob and Ann
Schnauzer - Della (Rainbow B 3/31/17)
Chihuahua - Lola (Rainbow B 12/26/18)
Autumn-Red Poodle
2019 Tiffin 40 IP Bus
Powerglide Chassis
Cummins 450
Onan 10,000 Watt
Four Slide/ 1.5 Bath
2021 Jeep Unlimited Sahara Toad
Demco Dominator & Airforce One

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Gulfcoast wrote:
Gulf Shores Alabama... beautiful beaches, good food, night life, factory outlet shopping just up the road. I pay $15 a night at a small campground.

What camp ground for $15.00?

2_Retired
Explorer
Explorer
try campgroundreviews.com for campers' opinions and experiences in the area you're looking at. We use it whenever we are going to an area we have never been before.
Two young retirees restless to GO!
Life is too short to wait too long to do all we want to do!!
Go and enjoy!!

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gulfcoast, care to share the name of this $15 a night campsite? Eager to try it.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
oops

angler
Explorer
Explorer
Panama city beach rv resort. Not a lot of trees, but big sites clean and close to the beach. Always Top Sail and Henderson beach. Both state park which will have more of the camping feel. Check out the 30A area east of Destin. Watercolor, Rosemary Beach ect.
2020 Jayco 34RSBS
2002 Tiffin Allego Bay
2010 Keystone Springdale 29bhssr
1998 Jayco Lite 244

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
Let me know if you find one!! State Parks are the only ones like that Iโ€™ve seen, the private ones are more just somewhere to park. Lots Of them are nice, but not many trees, and close together.

It is a great area, and very popular, and can be hard to find availability. Unless you get lucky with a cancelation, state parks are booked 6-11 months out.

Iโ€™d just find a RV โ€œResortโ€ in the area you want to go, and enjoy. You will send most of the time at the beach, or maybe fishing, or in the summer in the air conditioning. :). It gets HOT down here in the summer.

Destin and Orange Beach, Gulf Shores are great areas!
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
Gulf Shores Alabama... beautiful beaches, good food, night life, factory outlet shopping just up the road. I pay $15 a night at a small campground.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer