Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Colored party globe lights for awening? ...yeah, I know

brianosaur
Explorer
Explorer
We have kids.
We go to Jellystone's and the like.

If you do too, you prob know what the subject is about.
If you don't you prob think we are crazy and wondering how could we ruin our quiet outdoor peaceful setting.

Anyway, the kid packed resort campgrounds we go to often have one rig after another decked out at night with LED rope lights, colored hanging lanterns, disco light projectors and plenty of other crazy light show stuff. The kids come by on a glow stick night time hay ride and everyone is hootin' and hollarin'. Parents are sippin'on mom seltzers and dad barley soda's, so it's often quite silly.

I have a led string lights under our TT but looking to put something colorful on the awning. I found THIS for the back of rig for 4th of July but want to up it a notch with globe lights or something.

Can only find tiny Christmas light stuff on Amazon.
Anyone else have fun lights on their awning?
18 REPLIES 18

brianosaur
Explorer
Explorer
Done.
Kids love it

https://imgur.com/a/KKuI3En

ZINGERLITE
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
winniman wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
brianosaur wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Those extra lights have been discussed here (or some other forum) as major annoyance to other campers who are running from the city due to light pollution.

โ€ฆ when in Romeโ€ฆ

I don't mind myself. It's just I camp on city, country and national parks/forests and mostly campers don't put out those string of lights. Maybe we'll see more of them when we go East or Midwest.

I even prefer the soft glow of those kerosene lamps when outside.

No one uses kerosene lamps anymore. lol They went out many moons ago.

I still have them. Goes well with tiki torch on Hawaiian nights parties, lol.

I've got my grandpas kerosene lantern and camp stove. I use them almost every trip! its not camping without the smell of white gas lol.

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
brianosaur wrote:
Can only find tiny Christmas light stuff on Amazon.
Search for "rv awning lights" on Amazon. There are lots.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hey, if it is a kid CG go for it. Light yourself up like Vegas. The tackier the better.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
I only have a few tacky awning lights that I rotate through. But I can appreciate what you do for the kids.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
I like a "night light" to show the steps into the rig...for the nights that are really dark. we turn it off when we are inside...on when we go somewhere and will need it when we get back.
We also use a short string of ground lights to show the steps when we are in especially dark campsites.
I do not mind the lights on another camper as long as they aren't shining directly into our big front window.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
It's your weekend and your campsite. Put up whatever lights on your site you want to. Just be considerate and turn them off when you go to bed.
Seems a lot of folks on this board sleep with their nose touching the window with no curtains or shades and their eyes open.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
winniman wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
brianosaur wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

Those extra lights have been discussed here (or some other forum) as major annoyance to other campers who are running from the city due to light pollution.

โ€ฆ when in Romeโ€ฆ

I don't mind myself. It's just I camp on city, country and national parks/forests and mostly campers don't put out those string of lights. Maybe we'll see more of them when we go East or Midwest.

I still have them. Goes well with tiki torch on Hawaiian nights parties, lol.

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
We do both (local place 10 min away is a former jellystone same principle now just privet with a different furry maskot) we go a few nights a year usually a singel night (sometimes 2) kids are 4 and 6, buddy comes with his kids the same age. its a party. its not camping.

we go to provincial parks mainly for camping.

i enjoy both but if one were to be confused for the other it would be a bad time both directions.

for lights we use about 17 million dollarstore glowsticks. playing cornhole type games with them in the dark is fun.

not that cornhole type game. get your mind out of the gutter
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
I do not know if this qualifies, my string lights are small plastic beer mugs!

Since they are amber colored they do not atract too many mosquitoes or other pests.

navegator

winniman
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:
brianosaur wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

โ€ฆ when in Romeโ€ฆ

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
brianosaur wrote:
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

โ€ฆ when in Romeโ€ฆ

brianosaur
Explorer
Explorer
Yosemite Sam1 wrote:

โ€ฆ when in Romeโ€ฆ

brianosaur
Explorer
Explorer
Seattle Steve wrote:
Just curious, is this more of an East coast thing? I've never seen it out West. Maybe we've just been very lucky.

Again, it is at kid centric family resort campgrounds. Yogi Bear is zooming past in golf carts and there are splash zone waterpark features at the pool area.

The county and state parks around us dont do it, aside from an occasional colored rope light, and it would be out of place if it were.

Rarely does anyone go to a Jellystone unless thet have kids/grandkids.
Its like saying I want peace and quiet so I am going to Magic Kingdom.