Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Moving fridge thermistor up = warmer??
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Moving fridge thermistor up = warmer??

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev
dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/20 08:08pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wopachop wrote:

What can we conclude from this graph? I had been watching the cycles this morning and it seems to turn off and on every 1 hour. So i started to wonder if the fridge was in some type of timed mode.

But then you can see later in the day the cycles took a longer period of time. So i dont think its doing a timed cycle anymore.

I dont get why the thermistor is telling the computer to end the cooling cycle before it goes down like 36F like it did earlier in the day.

[image]

Curious, HOW do you know the refer Heat operation has turned on and Off? What is the indication? Doug

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 07/15/20 09:16pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I was assuming the fridge temp dropping was while the heating element was turned on. Then the fridge rising in temp is while the heating element is turned off.

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 07/19/20 05:51pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Anyone else have a similar thermometer in their fridge? I'm curious how often a dometic fridge is supposed to cycle.

Been getting weird data.

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/20 08:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

wopachop wrote:

Anyone else have a similar thermometer in their fridge? I'm curious how often a dometic fridge is supposed to cycle.

Been getting weird data.

It only cycles when the Thermister(interior temp) has warmed up and calls for HEAT(cooling) to start. Once the refer reaches set temp, the cooling turns off. Doug

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/20 10:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Thanks for the OHM chart. Will have to check my probe. My heat cycle only seems to happen for about 30 mins. Even when the probe is reading 45F air temps.

A couple days ago there was a very long heat cycle that lasted 2 hours. Which is what I expect to see when the fridge is above 40F.

But that's rare and my data shows the fridge cool down for 30 mins and then stop for 30 mins. Regardless of how warm the fridge has become from me opening the door.

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/20 10:54am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I notice the humidity begins to drop slightly before the air temp catches up. Pretty sure when the graph shows low humidity that means the fridge is doing a cooling cycle? If you look at the second picture is it fair to say the fridge was trying to cool for several hours?

Whats bugging me is why doesnt my fridge do that more often? Its been hot outside. Fridge gets warm when i open the door. But then it only cools down for about 30 mins. Instead of cooling down for 2 or more hours. Shouldn't i see constant operation until it drops down into the 30s.

[image]

Second Picture below.

[image]

wopachop

Who run bartertown

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/20 11:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

This is the last 24 hours. In the middle of the night im not opening the door. Why does the cooling cycle start and stop so many times to finally reach its goal of around 37F?

[image]

dougrainer

Carrolton, Texas

View Profile

Posted: 07/20/20 11:43am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Its not supposed too. I would replace the Thermister. Doug

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 3  
Prev

Open Roads Forum  >  Tech Issues

> Moving fridge thermistor up = warmer??
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Tech Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2021 CWI, Inc. © 2021 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.