cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grey tank mysteriously filled

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II
We went RVing to the beach last week.. It rained for like, 3 days. I was rolling in the awning and heard the kitchen sink gurgle.. I pushed the test button for the grey tank and it showed full. My wife and I discussed the possibility that I forgot to empty it after the last trip, which I was sure was impossible. Then I started running through my mind all the ways that water gets into that tank..

I walked outside, pulled the handle on the grey tank and, clearly it was in fact, full. So, I'm stressing since our trip has literally just started. I walked into the bathroom to see if it looked like the black water tank was full, it wasn't. That's when I noticed that the bathroom sink was running.. DW had brushed her teeth and forgot to cut it off.

Always check the simple stuff first.
7 REPLIES 7

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
That is why I carry a Wet-Vac. Been there, but not as lucky.

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
As soon as we moved to a boat with pressure water system, I decided I liked noisy water pumps. Shortly after departure, someone made a mistake and so pumped most of the potable water onboard overboard.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
I thought that only city folk left the water running while brushing their teeth. :h

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Be glad you weren't boon-docking and running out of water.

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Had a 2008 Hurricane motorhome. Only model which the bathroom sink drained into the black tank. Did not know when we bought it. Freeze expected in FL.. and someone said to leave the faucet in the bathroon on trickle, to keep water from freezing. Great idea (??) if it would have drained into the gray tank with the valve open. Hubby wakes me up at 4 a.m.... toilet won't flush. Duh. Checked tank gauge.. yep.. full. Went out, pulled valve... Swoosh!

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our previous RV had the bathroom sink draining into the black tank. One morning, I got up and stepped into water in the floor. DW had gotten up during the night and gotten a drink of water, but failed to turn off the tap. I yelled to her not to flush the toilet, because I knew what would happen if she did. I ran outside and did a quick dump. (We no longer hook up to shore water, and turn off the water pump when not needed.)
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Yosemite_Sam1
Explorer
Explorer
Rains and full gray tank -- sounded like panic moments.

Happy for you that it's not a major cash out for repairs.