cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Traveling partner

prolandsurveyor
Explorer
Explorer
I'm thinking about going to Maine for 2-3 weeks in Sept. I'm camping in a late model 30'class c. I am thinking about finding a travel partner to go with me to share expenses how would I find one?
2013 Thor majestic 28a
1971 vw superbeetle
14 REPLIES 14

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
How about a dog !

Best traveling partner you can ever get. They are not perfect but, after awhile you get used to each others idiosyncrasies. And, they won't talk your ear off about things you don't want to talk about.

CFerguson
Explorer
Explorer
Ask a friend.
If you dont have a friend that meets the criteria, get some new hobbies and make some more friends until you have one that qualifies.

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
guidry wrote:
Here is my suggestion; IF you decide to travel with a stranger, hire a private investigator to do a complete background on them. You'd be surprised at what I've found when I did backgrounds. I once was asked to do a background on a new boyfriend. I found that he had killed a prior wife and told this lady he had never been married. Best money this girl ever spent! Good luck though.

Holy crp. That was an awesome investment!

I had done my own investigation on my exwife... I found some stuff that should have sent me walking away. Several years wasted on that disaster.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think a go fund me page is the safest bet. You don't want some stranger snoring all night or worse yet waking up dead in a ditch.
Puma 30RKSS

Cloud_Dancer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry, I have zero experience with this subject. Thanks for the offer.
Willie & Betty Sue
Miko & Sparky
2003 41 ft Dutch Star Diesel Pusher/Spartan
Floorplan 4010
Blazer toad & Ranger bassboat

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
prolandsurveyor wrote:
I'm thinking about going to Maine for 2-3 weeks in Sept. I'm camping in a late model 30'class c. I am thinking about finding a travel partner to go with me to share expenses how would I find one?

I too am looking for a partner but.. LONG TERM not just for one trip. ALAS. also not going to Maine.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
Here is my suggestion; IF you decide to travel with a stranger, hire a private investigator to do a complete background on them. You'd be surprised at what I've found when I did backgrounds. I once was asked to do a background on a new boyfriend. I found that he had killed a prior wife and told this lady he had never been married. Best money this girl ever spent! Good luck though.

dedmiston
In 2004 a bunch of us on the Toy Hauler forum decided it was time to actually meet in person and we got together with a camp of probably 30 families. It was life-changing in the best meaning of the phrase.

Nearly sixteen years later, our core group of camping mates is based on the group of people we met at that first trip. None of us have murdered each other yet.

It was very weird meeting up with all these "strangers" from the internet, especially since most of us brought our families with us and we had spent so many years telling our kids not to meet up with people from the internet.

Now if I were single, would I meet up with another single online stranger and travel with them? I kind of doubt it.

I think it wouldn't be out of the question to tell someone I'd met online to meet me at XYZ RV Park and spend a few days together and determine our compatibility. Even so though, it would be safer to actually have a friend/relative with you for a meetup like this.

Traveling with someone to share expenses and actually sharing the RV and drive with them isn't something I would ever do though. It's just too personal and risky for me to be comfortable with this arrangement.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
STRANGER DANGER

Jebby14
Explorer
Explorer
Go solo, less time if you need to save money, make sure you have reservations. you will get less robbed and murdered this way
Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
Define: Partner
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Craigslist has a rideshare section. Whether you'd survive the trip would be another consideration. Like Bucky said above, better check site availability. Our go-to "spur of the moment" campgrounds are all crazy booked. I do my own maintenance but I have friends who utilize dealers and they have been getting cold-calls from them asking if they want to sell their clean, late model RV as there is apparently a shortage as more people see RVing as the only safe way to travel at the moment.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
I hope you've booked it already. Campgrounds are stupid busy now with trains, planes, buses, and cruise ships out of the picture.
Puma 30RKSS

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, in today's world this is something I would not consider. Would have to be a realtive or a very good friend. No stranger. Sometimes in some of the RV magazines I used to see ads for this type of thing. Good luck and hope you find someone compatible to travel with.