Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: General RVing Issues: Traveling partner
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Traveling partner

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next
prolandsurveyor

Denton, Nc usa

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/20 08:19pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I'm thinking about going to Maine for 2-3 weeks in Sept. I'm camping in a late model 30'class c. I am thinking about finding a travel partner to go with me to share expenses how would I find one?

2013 Thor majestic 28a
1971 vw superbeetle

LadyRVer

Florida

View Profile

Posted: 06/21/20 08:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Sorry, in today's world this is something I would not consider. Would have to be a realtive or a very good friend. No stranger. Sometimes in some of the RV magazines I used to see ads for this type of thing. Good luck and hope you find someone compatible to travel with.

bucky

Raleigh metro

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/20 05:10am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I hope you've booked it already. Campgrounds are stupid busy now with trains, planes, buses, and cruise ships out of the picture.

2005 Cummins 3500 2WD LB quad cab dually pulling a 2014 Blue Ridge 3025RL

garyemunson

Reno, Nevada

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/20 05:13am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Craigslist has a rideshare section. Whether you'd survive the trip would be another consideration. Like Bucky said above, better check site availability. Our go-to "spur of the moment" campgrounds are all crazy booked. I do my own maintenance but I have friends who utilize dealers and they have been getting cold-calls from them asking if they want to sell their clean, late model RV as there is apparently a shortage as more people see RVing as the only safe way to travel at the moment.

valhalla360

No paticular place.

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/20 05:40am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Define: Partner

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2008 Copper Canyon 5er
Catalac Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and 5er

Jebby14

Windsor Ontario

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/20 05:55am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Go solo, less time if you need to save money, make sure you have reservations. you will get less robbed and murdered this way

Q: Whats brown and sticky???

A: A Stick....

DownTheAvenue

Sunny South

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/20 07:06am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

STRANGER DANGER

dedmiston

So Cal

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/20 11:36am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

In 2004 a bunch of us on the Toy Hauler forum decided it was time to actually meet in person and we got together with a camp of probably 30 families. It was life-changing in the best meaning of the phrase.

Nearly sixteen years later, our core group of camping mates is based on the group of people we met at that first trip. None of us have murdered each other yet.

It was very weird meeting up with all these "strangers" from the internet, especially since most of us brought our families with us and we had spent so many years telling our kids not to meet up with people from the internet.

Now if I were single, would I meet up with another single online stranger and travel with them? I kind of doubt it.

I think it wouldn't be out of the question to tell someone I'd met online to meet me at XYZ RV Park and spend a few days together and determine our compatibility. Even so though, it would be safer to actually have a friend/relative with you for a meetup like this.

Traveling with someone to share expenses and actually sharing the RV and drive with them isn't something I would ever do though. It's just too personal and risky for me to be comfortable with this arrangement.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. AISIN trans & 4.10 rear. B&W RVK3600 hitch • 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") • Hooligan #3

Toys:
  • 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

guidry

Texas Cajun

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 06/22/20 11:46am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is my suggestion; IF you decide to travel with a stranger, hire a private investigator to do a complete background on them. You'd be surprised at what I've found when I did backgrounds. I once was asked to do a background on a new boyfriend. I found that he had killed a prior wife and told this lady he had never been married. Best money this girl ever spent! Good luck though.

wa8yxm

Wherever I happen to park

View Profile

Posted: 06/22/20 01:01pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

prolandsurveyor wrote:

I'm thinking about going to Maine for 2-3 weeks in Sept. I'm camping in a late model 30'class c. I am thinking about finding a travel partner to go with me to share expenses how would I find one?

I too am looking for a partner but.. LONG TERM not just for one trip. ALAS. also not going to Maine.

Home is where I park it.
Kenwood TS-2000 housed in a 2005 Damon Intruder 377

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 2  
Next

Open Roads Forum  >  General RVing Issues

> Traveling partner
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in General RVing Issues

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2020 CWI, Inc. © 2020 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved.