cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Yosemite open, sort of

PartyOf_Five
Explorer
Explorer
You'll need a day pass to go into the park, from any entrance. Order online at recreation.gov - but don't expect to go right away. Last night the first Acadian date was in late July. This is to maintain social distancing of course. The pad is good for 7 days of usage once you go in.
You can request the ability to drive through without a reservation. Based on you vehicle and traffic that day, you'll indicate the destination and they'll tell you how long you have to get there. We were given about 2 hrs to go east to West, along 120.
Anyone have info on other area national parks?
PartyOf5 appreciating our Creator thru the created. 5 yrsL 50k, 49 states & 9 provinces.

May you find Peace in all you endeavor.
2 REPLIES 2

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"You'll need a day pass to go into the park, from any entrance."

Not a new rule. Senior or NP annual pass works too.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
My thought is, 'why bother?' It isn't worth the hassle to even go to a national park when those restrictions are in place.

I've been looking forward for a long time to my 62nd birthday, now coming up next month, so I can get the lifetime pass. But I don't see myself using it at all this summer. ๐Ÿ˜ž
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point