cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I-95 checkpoint entering Florida???

plasticmaster
Explorer
Explorer
I'll be traveling from South Carolina to Florida next weekend. Is there a checkpoint along I-95 entering Florida? If so, does it back up traffic and slow you down a lot? Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

Blazing_Zippers
Explorer II
Explorer II
magicbus, most roads entering California have ag station check points that also allow other "services" like "where ya from there fella?" Or our favorite was the time we stopped in the Dorris Ag check and the CHP asked if we had snow tires (we had studs), then asked if we were seasoned snow drivers (we are), then he said "good luck." My bride and I just looked at each other with a big question mark. Well, down the road a piece, it was really snowing!

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ok, that's funny. Florida is the 5th highest state for viral reproduction right now, NY and NJ are at the bottom of the list. If anything the bordering states should be turning away anyone trying to enter from Florida.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
dicknellen wrote:
pennysmom09 wrote:
No Interstates had or have Checkpoints.

every highway & interstate going into California have check points.
Yeah, somebody needs to get out more :B. Some states have removed them but others are still in place.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

dicknellen
Explorer
Explorer
pennysmom09 wrote:

every highway & interstate going into California have check points.

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
It usually goes pretty quick. The 2 times I have been through it maybe added 10-15 min. They ask what state you're coming from. If it isn't one of the hot states (then it was NY and NJ), you proceed. If it is you go to a second place and, I hear, get some papers and fill out a short form on travel plans. All of this is no big deal.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
From visitflorida.com "The executive orders issued by Gov. Ron DeSantis that require travelers from areas with substantial community spread of the virus, including the New York, New Jersey and Connecticut tri-state area, to quarantine for 14 days, or for the duration of their presence in the state, whichever is shorter, are still in effect. Airport screenings and roadside checkpoints are set up to check for potential COVID-19 cases."
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

plasticmaster wrote:
I'll be traveling from South Carolina to Florida next weekend. Is there a checkpoint along I-95 entering Florida? If so, does it back up traffic and slow you down a lot? Thanks.

My buddy went down to FL from PA last week and said ALL traffic was forced to enter the rest area ( which is closed) .. They were checking for license plates from certain states... His MH is registered in FL and had no issues entering..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

pennysmom09
Explorer
Explorer
Nancy and Doug
2015 KZ Durango 325RL FW